+1

15F Engine Damage?

I've got 32 hrs on my 08 15F. ALL maintinance has been done on time including oil changes. I pulled my plugs today and the front cylinder plug looked suspect to me. I ride in salt water, but flush it EVERY time. the craft has never flipped nor has it ever taken on any water.

Could anyone tell me if the plug sounds bad or if this is normal? It looks very slightly corroded with a white hugh on the electrodes. The center porcelain is a hazy white color, not brown at all. btw it seems to be hitting max RPM and otherwise runs well.

Thanks for the help!

+1
    btw i have a picture if someone can tell me how to get a url to upload a pic.

set up an account with photobucket.com to upload a pic and post it. Do a compression test to check the cylinder for damage.

+1
    Where do i get a compression tester that goes to 250-270psi ? Thats how high Riva says it can go...

+1
    Ron Jon .. most automotive compression testers will read in that area. You should be able to rent one from a local parts store... like napa or one of those. good luck man , gots my fingers crossed for ya. sounds like you could have a injector problem ... cylinder leaning out. Change the plugs out and see how it does after that. I talked to a kawi tech the other day about this same thing. He said that It wouldn't be a bad idea changing the plugs out after 10 hours. You could have a bad plug, a bad plug wire, a stopped up injector. I would look at that before checking the compression. I don't think its a internal problem.
    Last edited by STX-15FER; 06-08-2008 at 10:15 AM.

+1
    Hey thanks man. So here is the $500 question: If i take it to my dealer, should they look at it/fix the injector for free since it's under warrenty? I dont want to have to pay for this type of issue...

The manual says it's time to clean out the fuel pump screen. How do i do this? Also, can i install an in-line fuel filter as well, or will that hurt my fuel pressure?

+1

Thread Information