Thread: 96 XP800 Info

96 XP800 Info

Hey hey everyone. I'm going to be setting up my carbs today for a primer kit and I have found the easiest way to do it if you're limitted on available parts. As of right now I only have my primer kit pic posted, but I will have the progress pics up later tonight. I will also have a quick follow-up for someone that asked me recently what my jetting is with my Votrex flame arrestors. Sorry for the delay dude...I haven't had a chance to pull the carbs until yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02186_msn.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	76526  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    Hey hey everyone. I'm going to be setting up my carbs today for a primer kit and I have found the easiest way to do it if you're limitted on available parts. As of right now I only have my primer kit pic posted, but I will have the progress pics up later tonight. I will also have a quick follow-up for someone that asked me recently what my jetting is with my Votrex flame arrestors. Sorry for the delay dude...I haven't had a chance to pull the carbs until yesterday.
    Looks like you are missing a few parts...more hose & the fittings for the carbs.

I know lol...I had to improvise. I didn't want to modify the carbs encase the day came where I wanted to sell. Sometimes people won't buy unless it's mostly stock. Fittings would have needed the carbs to be drilled and I didn't want to do that. But I found some fuel line fittings that fit the choke rod ports perfectly. I removed the plastic bushings on one side, plugged the other and went from there. I was going to post my work tonight but I left the camera in the garage and am too lazy to get it lol. So far I have done the following.
    -Installed new stator
    -Re-aligned engine
    -Quick clean of both carbs
    -Adjusted needle valve lifter height
    -Pump oil change
    -Purged fuel tank and lines
    -Removed all cabling for oil pump and choke
    -Modified choke lever mounting plate to allow for primer install
    -Ran new fuel lines and changed up fuel return line for the primer to feed from
    -Sharpened leading edges of impeller blades
    -Installed all new electronics
    As for the jetting with the aftermarket flame arrestors....I am running a 142.5 main and a 70 pilot.
    Last edited by Schwarzenegger; 06-07-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Thread Information