+1

Loud Vibration...Loose prop?

Well here is my other thread where I have been trying to get this gsx back to working order.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59896

When I got it put back together and just decided to put water to it and check for leaks, I started it up and there is just a loud vibration coming from around the grate area. It almost sounds like the prop is loose. It also seems to be really jumping around in the rpms, with this noise..I don't know if that is related or not, I was just curious if anyone else has fired theres up on the trailer and noticed the same thing and if it is normal or what I need to do? Thanks

That's pretty common, it sounds like there's a loose bunch of metal parts under there when idling on the trailer. The reason is it needs the load of the water against it. There are some update cones one can buy for various models that are spring loaded and push a little button against the pump housing internals. I guess it helps quite a bit to silence that. As for the RPM, again common without being in the water. They will jump around a little bit...almost similar to trying to keep a lawn mower running without the blade...it needs that resistance there to work properly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    That's pretty common, it sounds like there's a loose bunch of metal parts under there when idling on the trailer. The reason is it needs the load of the water against it. There are some update cones one can buy for various models that are spring loaded and push a little button against the pump housing internals. I guess it helps quite a bit to silence that. As for the RPM, again common without being in the water. They will jump around a little bit...almost similar to trying to keep a lawn mower running without the blade...it needs that resistance there to work properly.
    Well that is a sigh of relief...I just don't ever remember it making that noise before on the trailer but I don't think I have ever started it this much on the trailer either.

+1
    Did you take the prop & shaft out at all? I didn't read your other thread but if you did, did you make sure you have the rubber stoppers on each end of the shaft? That would cause slap back for sure & ruin your splines too.

Thread Information