Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Unhappy RXP new S/C Rebuild....Lost 300 RPMs!!!!!

Help guys, I just got my 06 RXP back, with the Seadoo upgraded steel washers. I lost 300 rpms???? Why?? Feels like good acceleration just lost top end. Let me add one thing, they replaced pump shoe also.

No longer have that familiar super charger whine, just faintly. Does it have a break in period???

+1
    Sounds like you need to have a slip check done on the supercharger. I am thinking whoever rebuilt did not check slip when they finished it.

I saw a post on another board where a Sea Doo tech said the washers woould slip for the first tank of gas. It's the only post I've seen about new washers slipping. And I agree, check the slip... Ron

+1
    the washers should not slip on a fresh rebuild. If they do something is wrong.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    the washers should not slip on a fresh rebuild. If they do something is wrong.
    Hulk I think you are right, they are not slipping. I took it out yesterday, 99 degrees and humid. I could not get more than 7800 rpm's even with 1/8 tank of gas???? Before Seadoo tech rebuild I was 8100 to 8150.

What do I need to be looking for? Back to the tech and ask him WTF or is there something I can do to get my RPM's back?

Might want to try just changing the spark plugs. I just picked up a 2005 RXP and thought the supercharger was blown - lower rpms, surging speed, no top end. I changed the plugs and now it runs perfect.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    99 degrees and humid. I could not get more than 7800 rpm's
    I think you just found your problem.

The heat is a killer.

To prevent heat fade you can install either the Riva thermostat kit or Rotax Racing replacement thermostat. Also, the Riva rear air intake will help tremendously if you have an RXP.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I think you just found your problem.

The heat is a killer.

To prevent heat fade you can install either the Riva thermostat kit or Rotax Racing replacement thermostat. Also, the Riva rear air intake will help tremendously if you have an RXP.
    Exactly, I'm going to do both plus, I have the intercooler from JFizzle, just haven't had the time to install. Think that will get back my 300 rpms??

My supercharger is almost silent now, versus before the rebuild it was making quite a healthy whine..............just worn out I guess

Talked with Seadoo tech, no break in period on the S/C, he's got it torqued right. They did replace my broke pump shoe(under warranty) but let me tell you guys it took a lot of begging/pleading plus the promise to buy the next RXPX from them.LOL

Tech said pump shoe being broke was probably creating an air pocket causing the higher rpm readings I was getting before. And I was getting some cavitation on hole shot before, but none now.

Thanks for the help Hulk............YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information