Quick question about by-passing fuel selector switch...

Gonna run my reserve line straight to the carbs tomorrow cause this has been suggested to me to try for eleviating a WOT bogging issue i'm having.

I'm gonna be doing this by taking the reserve line and the feed line off the selector switch, and "splicing" them together with a double male adapter.

My question is, can i just leave the last (3rd) line attatched to the selector switch and just turn the switch to off?? Or do i have to pull it off to and crimp the end that was going to the switch shut??

Thanks!!!

Since you're bypassing the fuel selector, what I would do is buy one of those 3 line bridge fittings that look like a "Y" Put the two from the tank on the angled side and run the fuel seperator line off the straight side. If you can't grab up one of those, put in two single bridges. I wouldn't block one off because one is the main fuel supply, and the other is the reserve. You want to run your tank dry if you're bypassing the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    Since you're bypassing the fuel selector, what I would do is buy one of those 3 line bridge fittings that look like a "Y" Put the two from the tank on the angled side and run the fuel seperator line off the straight side. If you can't grab up one of those, put in two single bridges. I wouldn't block one off because one is the main fuel supply, and the other is the reserve. You want to run your tank dry if you're bypassing the switch.

I though about the "Y". But since the main line pickup sits higer then the reserve in the baffles, wouldn't that mean if i run the tank down to the point where i'm using the reserve line only, then the main line would be feeding air into the other side of the "Y" right?? I would image that would be bad.

That's why i was gonna use the reserve only.

Good point...I didn't think of that one you could plum it into the return line...I've never been a fan of blocking off lines if I could find some other way to do it.

deleted
    Last edited by dentonf250; 06-07-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Yeah I replaced all of my lines before they became a problem. My machine had perfect performance all last summer when I used it. I never had a chance to use it since so I changed up this year before it ran again. I still have to clean out the fuel separator though.

FYI.... i just ran the reserve line from the baffles straight to the inlet of the fuel filter. Then took the mainline that was on the inlet to the fuel filter, and doubled it back to the selector switch and stuck it on the reserve nipple. Thus taking care of having an open hole on the fuel system!! Took 30 seconds!!

Nice work. It's always best to keep a properly sealed set of lines.

Thread Information