Question Rideing Tips Please!!!

All,
    I finally got my first 10 hours and inspected on my 2006 RXT. Everything is great. I am new to rideing and just have a couple concerns.

1. How do I get a stable or safe ride in choppy waters. 2-3 ft.
    2. At what point do I let of WOT in choppy waters.
    3. Do I trust the ski when bouncing all over the place.

Just a few things I noticed when driveing. I know you all are great drivers and have a lot of experience but I want to know some good tips of rideing in these conditions....Thanks. Greg

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by golson
    All,
    I finally got my first 10 hours and inspected on my 2006 RXT. Everything is great. I am new to rideing and just have a couple concerns.

1. How do I get a stable or safe ride in choppy waters. 2-3 ft.
    2. At what point do I let of WOT in choppy waters.
    3. Do I trust the ski when bouncing all over the place.

Just a few things I noticed when driveing. I know you all are great drivers and have a lot of experience but I want to know some good tips of rideing in these conditions....Thanks. Greg
    It's all about confidence. With the rxt you'll be able to plow through the chop but 2-3 feet sound more like ocean riding than lake chop, i can't tell.

Whenever your pump loses suction let off of that throttle, don't keep it pegged, that's what kills clutches. So if you let other ride your ski make sure you stress that.

You'll eventually learn what you can and can not do and as your confidence goes up you'll learn to rider faster and harder in the rough but for now, take it easy, get the feel for the thing.

I got bucked off my gtx/sc way back when I was new at about 40 mph. My hip hit the foot well and i had a bruise down the whole side of my leg, lesson learned. You'll fall off, if you don't you aren't riding hard enough.

stand up

I find that when those conditions arise, rise your but off the seat and stand up with knees bent with feet 3/4 down boat. Ease throttle untill comfortable and learn how to absorb boat in and out of chop.

Thanks guys. I been trying a few of those tips. And it works great. But I need to learn how to trust the ski a bit more. I am still new at this. But sooner or later I will take you all on someday........HEHEHEHEHEHE

Thread Information