91 xp bogs down wot ans under pressure

i bought a 1991 xp it runs and idles fine. when you go if you gun it it will bog down and barely go. if you slowly accelerate it will eventually get faster but if you go to turn it bogs down again. i drained the gas, cleaned the filter under the handlebars, added seafoam and changed the plugs. the fuel lines have been changed. it acts like it wants to run it just wont. also which carb is the low and which is the high? i have read the high low adjustments but dont know which is which. thanks

Mine does the exact same thing. Sounds like you did all the same things i tried to fix this issue too. Only thing i haven't done is adjust the carbs. But in my case at least, i don't think that's the issue cause it didn't do this when i got the ski two months ago. And i hadn't touched the carbs untill after it started bogging. Good luck!

Actually i lied. LOL I forgot things were smoother today. There were two things i did before i went out this morning. They will only take a second to do.

1) Bypass your fuel selector switch. Apparently this thing has a tendency to either clog or interfer with fuel delivery. All i did was disconnect the reserve line from the switch and hook it up to the input to the fuel filter. Then take the main line that you had to pull off of the input to the fuel filter, and hook it up where the reserve line was on the selector switch. Now you can't use yrou switch, but you may of eliminated one problem.

2) Next Check the red caps on yrou rave valves. I'm not sure about your year, but since your's is an XP too, they may be all the same. But try unscrewing the red parts untill they are level with the top of the black cap. Mine were screwed all the way down in the recess and by leveling them out it made a huge difference in smoothness.

Also pull the caps off yrou raves and inspect the rubber bellows and make sure they aren't leaking/torn.

Good luck. Hopefully others can help too!!

thanks alot im gonna try to bypass the selector tommorow and see what that does. where is the rave valve? im really unfamiliar with seadoos or 2 cycles in general. thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by wesw0000 View Post
    thanks alot im gonna try to bypass the selector tommorow and see what that does. where is the rave valve? im really unfamiliar with seadoos or 2 cycles in general. thanks for the info.

Not sure which motor you have, so i don't know exactly where they are located (or if you have them at all). But they will be two side by side black mushroom looking things. With a red cap in the middle about the size of a dime. With a metal clip holding them down. the will be on the exhaust side of your motor. Hope that helps!

Thread Information