Prohibido usuario
    +1

GPS Glove Box Lid Question

Finally got the gps lid for my '05 RXT that the dealer owed me from last year. I didn't pick the skis up at the dealer, so when I get home the skis are there. Dealer had not installed the lid so its wrapped up sitting on ski. Look at the lid and first thing I notice is that its not the same color as the ski. Its like a dark green where the ski is black. Second it has no gasket on it. I check the date code on the part and its for an '05 so I figure I can live with the color difference and start removing the gasket off the old lid to install on the new one. I then notice this lid is not going to fit the glove box without cutting a notch in the box. I thought this was a simple swap of lids. Should I have also gotten a new glove box? Do I need to notch out the box so the lid can close? Need a little help from the people that have already done this.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Appreciate all the help. Just joking. Figured it out. The lid was the newer design that incorporates the latch that locks the GPS in. Guess that is the '05-'06 design and I need the '04-'05 design. Went down to the dealer (2 miles away) and got it all figured out. While informing the dealership manager what I needed and how excited I got when I thought I had new stuff to put on the ski he said i could stay there and put parts on the skis being serviced. Got to thinking that sounds like a good idea. I only work 3 nights a week and a part time job working on skis would be cool. The dealerships bread and butter is boats and it took a week to get the ski's serviced the other day. Everytime I'm in there asking a technical question or an opinion about the ski's I feel like I'm speaking Chinese to them. Get that blank look like HUH?. I've always wanted to be like Shibby when I grow up anyways.

I bought the complete kit, lid and glove box, and just swapped it out, well I had to cut in my bilge pump switch panel first...

Why did they just give you a lid, and the wrong color to boot?...PR...

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Well I thought all that was needed to do was just to swap out the lids. I only requested the lid. I don't understand why a gasket isn't included, nor do they include the latch. The color difference is because the '05 black is called "Midnight black" which is a high gloss dark black. The '06 black is "Midnight Black Metallic", which in my opinion'" give it a dark greenish shade to it. Look at the pic I've included. That is the color it was.

I ordered sku# 295100283 Which I believe is going to be the complete glove box instead of just the lid. What is the link to the Sea Doo parts site so I can try to confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel
    Well I thought all that was needed to do was just to swap out the lids. I only requested the lid. I don't understand why a gasket isn't included, nor do they include the latch. The color difference is because the '05 black is called "Midnight black" which is a high gloss dark black. The '06 black is "Midnight Black Metallic", which in my opinion'" give it a dark greenish shade to it. Look at the pic I've included. That is the color it was.

I ordered sku# 295100283 Which I believe is going to be the complete glove box instead of just the lid. What is the link to the Sea Doo parts site so I can try to confirm this?
    How in the hell do you get that one out?? The 06 Lid has a tab you push down on and the GPS pops up to grab it...What holds that thing in there?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Rusty I am guessing the pic is the original design and you need a flat tool (knife, screw driver, etc) to pop it out. The newer models have the latch that you have. I don't care which design I end up with as long as the glove box is water proof. I would have notched my box if the lid had come with both latches, but since it did not, I asked them to order the other part number to see what it is. The Sea Doo lists that part number as a $50 item so I'm guessing it is a complete assembly. I can not see paying $50 for the piece of thermo-formed plastic that I got yesterday. Wish I would have took a pic of it before I gave it back to the dealer so everyone could see. Going to the lake tomorrow, I'll stop in and see if its laying around a snap a quick shot of it.

Thread Information