+1

Need diagnostic help please

HI. I have 07 GPR. Was out in ocean jumping waves. i didnt have my front bucket in (was stolen) and had some drinks and riding gloves in front of gastank. After jumping waves for half hour I start to head back in and ski bogged hard like it was getting air. took seat off no better. I then realized one of the riding gloves got sucked into airbox (minew is gutted) I pulled it out and thought I would be good to go but ski still bogged and wouldn't run. I pulled onto island and took whole stinger and throttle bodies off looking for blockage. Found nothing. Now ski wont start at all and Im getting code 18 (think its TPS). Ski is still full of salt water.. HELP anybody???

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Code 18 is TPS, Did you get that code before pulling throttle body's. Because if you do not have any slack or tighten the throttle cable on the throttles body's to tight it will not start, And if it is way to tight the computer will pick up a TPS code because it throws it out of specs. Give it some throttle and make sure there is slack on the cable by the throttle body's. If not you will have to adjust the cable down by the throttle body's.

+1
    Hi Jim, that was the first thing I checked because I had that problem when I put the engine back in after doing keyway last month. On the water it started with rough idle bogged and shut off and gave me that code. I looked at the tps itself and doesnt seem broken and wires/plugs all intact. i am baffled because now it wont even start at all and i need to flush that salt water (not to mention figure out whats wrong so I can ride the damn thing)

+1
    It could have shorted out completely, Reach down and pull the TPS plug and try to start it, If it starts you need a TPS. If that don't work disconnect the riva efi controller and and plug the stock harness back together like factory and see if it starts then.
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 06-08-2008 at 06:07 PM.

+1
    OK wasnt that but now i am really afraid I have a much bigger problem. I was poking around and realized the throttle cable for the oil was completely off the bracket and dangling free. I still use the oil injection. am i screwed or what?
    I am taking the whole exhaust off now so i have a couple hours of wrench time before i can even hook it back up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post
    OK wasnt that but now i am really afraid I have a much bigger problem. I was poking around and realized the throttle cable for the oil was completely off the bracket and dangling free. I still use the oil injection. am i screwed or what?
    I am taking the whole exhaust off now so i have a couple hours of wrench time before i can even hook it back up
    That just puts you to max oil you will use more oil, Plug tps back disconnect riva efi controller plugs out of factory harness and hook the harness back like the factory and see if it starts.

Thread Information