Wakeboarding/skating on a Seadoo

Just started learning to wakeboard on my GTX. Anyone wakeboard with a jetski have any tips or tricks? Thanks a lot.

Have a fat kid ride on the back of the ski

Short rope= narrow wake, easier to clear- w2w
    Longer Rope= Wider wake, usually get a better pop off the wake a little futher back

Look into installing a wake pole setup off the Wake Edition skis. . . or loop the rope thru the grab handle for a little more extension

Practice your 180's on the inside of the wake having the driver manuver "s" turns

When you carve back into the wake, keep the carve smooth and ride it out at that angle instead of trying to hit the wake dead-on/perpendicular.

Hardest thing for me is holding on with both hands and keeping them waist high. . .

Get a board rack off the Wake Edition-you'll thank me later

wakeboarding is pointless behind a seadoo. When you cut you just pull along the ski. The wake is never going to be big enough to jump. If you really want to wake board sell your seadoo and buy a boat. The seadoo wake edition makes me laugh

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj View Post
    wakeboarding is pointless behind a seadoo. When you cut you just pull along the ski. The wake is never going to be big enough to jump. If you really want to wake board sell your seadoo and buy a boat. The seadoo wake edition makes me laugh
    I think that was a little harsh. You can wakeboard just fine behind a seadoo the wake is big enough for my friend to pop 360s behind his rxt. Plus not every1 has the space for a boat or the right viehicle to tow it. Skis are alot more multi pupose than boats, you can geta ski in the water at any tide or anywhere you chose really, cnt do that with a boat. I think you can have a darn sight more fun on a ski than a boat too, plus for some 1 who doesnt just want to wakeboard, the ski is better hands down. If you aint got nufin constructive to say then dont say it. R88

My RXT is perfect for Wakeskating. Just get the board racks like was recommended and you will be set. The Pro Wakeskate tour uses Seadoo's as tow vehicles. With fuel prices the way they are, a Seadoo make more sense to wakeskate behind.

Thread Information