Reinstalling carburetor a few questions

I'm going to be replacing the carbs on my stock 2001 GP1200R with a set off of a stock 2000 GP1200R (the middle carb on my set had the issue with the bushings expanding when it got hot not causing the throttle to stick until everything cooled off).

I thought that the carbs were the same for the 2000 and 2001, but the hoses appear to run differently. On the 2000 carb, there are 3 hoses(on the right of the carb rack on my pictures), each providing fuel to 1 of the carbs. On the 2001, there is only 1 hose that is T'd at the 1st and 3rd carb, but nothing going to the middle carb. Is this just the line that puts out fuel when I choke it? Am I going to have any issues after I put these on my ski (ie, are they compatible).

Also, I'm trying to order the replacement gasket that I've got pictured as well. Is this correct? There's no picture, but I'm assuming it is.(http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=506)

Any advice for this newbie when I'm putting everything back together? Taking it apart wasn't too bad, but I'm guessing putting it back is going to be a little harder.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0742.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	76780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0743.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	76781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0745.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	76782  

I'm sure thats the accelerator pump must have feed 2 or 3 depending on year?

+1
    The hoses you are talking about are from the accelerator pump. US models only had the two hoses. Overseas models had three one to each carb. This was an emissions thing Yami did. The overseas models also had the d-plate no cat in them.

here is the gasket you want #1 in the list http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....pe=13&A=84&B=1

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    The overseas models also had the d-plate no cat in them.
    so is this why my 2000 gp1200r had a d-plate when i took the exhaust off, and opened it up and saw one sitting there??

I'd like to clean the carbs up a little because there is some dust and grime that's built up on them while they've been sitting. Should I just use some carb cleaner and paper towels or shop rags on the surfaces or would you not recommend that I do anything?

+1
    I clean the outsides with carb cleaner or Wd-40 and blow them off and wipe down.

Thread Information