Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

VTS Not working help

ok had my ski out for the first time today, and no vts. Its stuck all the way down. Is there a fuse for it? I'm thinking it might have popped when I hooked up the battery possibly? It worked fine last season? Any ideas?

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
    yeah there is a fuse on the mpem. its up front by across from your battery. i think it is on the right bank of fuses next to last. it is a 7.5 amp fuse.

+1
    What Ski Are You Working On The 06 Or 94 Model?

Quote Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
    ok had my ski out for the first time today, and no vts. Its stuck all the way down. Is there a fuse for it? I'm thinking it might have popped when I hooked up the battery possibly? It worked fine last season? Any ideas?
    Do you get a VTS display on your panel? If not, the dealer needs to add the VTS with BUDS. Do a search for VTS and RXP and you will see posts about the VTS going away after the battery was disconnected/connected... Ron

Banned User
    +1, don't waste your time searching for the problem. Do you take your battey cables off during the winter? If so stop, your ski forgets who it is after a extended length of time not connected to battery. Take it to your dealer, Riva charged me 20 bucks and I was OTD in 10 minutes

Alex

+1
    yes I disconnect that batt during storage.. I have the last year too, and it worked fine.. So you saying that if its disconnected it forgets it has vts??

ITs an 06 rxp. So I have to take it to a dealer? There gonna rape me here, plus I bet I will have to schedual an appointment.. grr.

Banned User
    yes I disconnect that batt during storage.. I have the last year too, and it worked fine.. So you saying that if its disconnected it forgets it has vts??

ITs an 06 rxp. So I have to take it to a dealer? There gonna rape me here, plus I bet I will have to schedual an appointment.. grr.
    I too have always removed cables and this year I was also bitten The worst part is going to the dealer.. Call them and explain your problem, don't let them steer you the wrong way. They must hook your lanyard up to B.U.D.S system, turn off VTS then turn VTS back on and they are done..

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    I too have always removed cables and this year I was also bitten The worst part is going to the dealer.. Call them and explain your problem, don't let them steer you the wrong way. They must hook your lanyard up to B.U.D.S system, turn off VTS then turn VTS back on and they are done..

Alex
    Also you can tell for sure that this is the problem, if you see a depth finder mode. For some reason on rare occassions an RXP will default to a GTX/RXT. The dealer should charge you no more then $20 for this as it will take literally 5 minutes to rectify. Some may even do it for free.

+1
    I dont see a depth finder indication. IT all reads normal, infact the vts guage works it shows its all the way down, just when you hit the buttons nothing happens.

Banned User
    I dont see a depth finder indication. IT all reads normal, infact the vts guage works it shows its all the way down, just when you hit the buttons nothing happens.
    Different problem.. Check your switch, fuse, VTS motor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information