Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Simple D-plate Question.

I have last Years GP1300R. No engine mods just jims plate and intake grate. Can I get a D-plate and have no problems? Will it really help. I dont want to get an efi controller or any other engine mods.

If this is what they use overseas do those boats have more power or anyting else done to them to come out of the factory with out cats?

Searched around on here but couldnt really find a conclusion that said GET IT or dont get it.

Thanks!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorallo View Post
    I have last Years GP1300R. No engine mods just jims plate and intake grate. Can I get a D-plate and have no problems? Will it really help. I dont want to get an efi controller or any other engine mods.

If this is what they use overseas do those boats have more power or anyting else done to them to come out of the factory with out cats?

Searched around on here but couldnt really find a conclusion that said GET IT or dont get it.

Thanks!
    There will be no gains, Just cooler exhaust temp. If it comes apart it can cause a mess if you do change it go with a riva D plate you will not need a efi controller for just changing a D plate.
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 06-08-2008 at 10:10 PM.

+1

IMO, this is the first mod that needs to be done on the GPR... the cat can disintegrate and force little bits of catalytic converter all through the exhaust system and cause a real mess. If you're lucky when it breaks apart, it'll come loose in one big piece and lodge itself further downstream in the exhaust pipe.

For the GP13R, I have heard that the Riva D-plate is better due to its larger opening size.

Ok - makes sense so far. Jim - Plate is still great Thanks again.

Any other opinions?

Heck,
    If you are going to put the D-Plate in it, you have already removed your exhaust. Why not do some other mods while you are down there?

yea would be a good time to do the jetworks mod while the stinger is out..

This is what it says off of the Riva Instructions.......

1300R requires the use of RIVA EFI Controller (part# RY11913). Failure to use the EFI Controller could result in a lean condition.

As far as other mods money is tight but don't want to fuck with anyting else besides the pump and maybe the d-plate. Holeshot is fine for me right now. Thanks guys.

+1
    the d-plate just helps her to breathe better...its not gunna get u goin any faster...but its a good ting to have.

prevention is better than cure. just one litle thing to help bullet proof your craft in the long run. i feel a difference in aceleration from the d plate IMO but like they all say it helps it breathe better and your engine compartment will be way cooler! get it done.
    ( all i have D plate and plenium air filter no efi and shes running beautiful)

yea i saw a small increase out of the hole and in midrange but it's mostly a mod for reliablility.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information