Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VTS problem

VTS problem

I had my 06 rxp out for the first time this weekend. The vts wouldn't work. I checked the fuse, the 7.5, and it looked good. The dealership told me it could be a dead short in the trim housing and that would be a $350 fix. How can I be sure that's what it is and how can I fix it myself?

I don't think this would have anything to do with it but I replaced the sc washers this winter, could I have disconnected or screwed something up while doing this?

asphalt, dirt, and water are my playgrounds. ViperRy's Avatar
    http://www.sea-doo.net/techarticles/vts/index.html

this article really helped me with my vts issue... My 7.5 amp was blowing so I'm not sure where your issue might be but I this article helps.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpiowa View Post
    I had my 06 rxp out for the first time this weekend. The vts wouldn't work. I checked the fuse, the 7.5, and it looked good. The dealership told me it could be a dead short in the trim housing and that would be a $350 fix. How can I be sure that's what it is and how can I fix it myself?

I don't think this would have anything to do with it but I replaced the sc washers this winter, could I have disconnected or screwed something up while doing this?
    Is the VTS Bar showing on your dash? If no, take it back to the dealer and have the B.U.D.S re-programmed..

+1
    Mine had the same problem. If everything is showing up on your dash still but them vts is not moving. There is a small connector on a wire for the vts right under where the air filter connects to the supercharger. If you were messin with that, I bet that is what it is. Mine was drivin me nuts and it turned out to be that connector. Must have pulled it apart when I was putting on the new intake.

all my guages work on the dash except for the vts. there is no bar at all. thanks for the info

Banned User
    all my guages work on the dash except for the vts. there is no bar at all. thanks for the info
    There you go.. make sure when they hook it up they(Dealer) turn off VTS, then turn VTS back on

I hate that word "they" how come "they" always have to be assholes?

I couldn't find any loose connections but I am not quite sure which one is the connection by the air filter and supercharger. I looked all around but didn't see anything loose.
    When I turn on the power to the ski the vts gauge's bar runs up and down like normal so could the BUDS system still need to be reset if it does that, and if a connection was loose would it do this?
    Is there a way I can check for power back at the trim?

I live quite a ways a way from the dealer so I am trying to elimanate every possibilty.

Banned User
    I couldn't find any loose connections but I am not quite sure which one is the connection by the air filter and supercharger. I looked all around but didn't see anything loose.
    When I turn on the power to the ski the vts gauge's bar runs up and down like normal so could the BUDS system still need to be reset if it does that, and if a connection was loose would it do this?
    Is there a way I can check for power back at the trim?

I live quite a ways a way from the dealer so I am trying to elimanate every possibilty.
    Does the bar stay on after it goes up and down?

If the VTS display goes away after start up then you need the dealer to fix it.

The bar goes away after it runs up and then down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information