Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X RPM's at break in

Just got out this weekend with my new unit. Started with 0hrs so I took it easy with very few wot, max rpm's were 7600ish, ok, unit is at 4 hours now and can see 7740rpms. is this normal during break in and can i expect 8100 at the 10hr mark. is the ecu managing the rpm's during break in??? Can someone please confirm or deny my assumption. My buddies bone stock rxp runs 8100 every time.

thanks,

I consistently saw 8140rpm on my RXT-X at 4-6 hours. Your revs do seem a bit low. Check your oil level, it may be overfilled.

RXT XTRA
    Jusy got my RXT-X out to the lake for the first time this past weekend. I did the same break in procedure as you did and I am only seeing 7800 max with 1 hour. I wouldn't worry. Wait til 6-7 hrs. My buddies RXP did the same thing.

RXT XTRA
    YZ426er,
    What about the first 3 hours, how many R's did you see then?

+1
    What altitude are you at? It will make a big difference.
    I think i saw 7,800 up to 4 hrs. then closer to 7,940 up to 8 hours or so. I then started trying to pitch my prop for 8,100 before we new was best at 8,000. Now with almost 20 hours i am running stock prop with +2mm at 7,960 rpm. I couldnt pull the 15/22 at my heat and altitude.
    Good luck.

Looks like my altitude is 738 feet. I'm really hoping the computer is managing the RPM's during break in. At this point I'm no quicker then my buddies stock RXP. Pitching, i wish i knew how to do that, I'm pretty handy, do my own oil change, R&R wear rings, R&R Props etc, i just don't get how you can be consistent when pitching a prop with a big adjustable wrench.

I took my RXT-X with 0 hours out this past weekend.. I wasnt sure about breakin and giving it WOT much.. I was basically treating it like a baby.. I didnt give it WOT much I never saw over 5800 though.. Should I be seeing more cruising at say 30 and being steady or only when im giving it WOT ?

In the cooler temps my rpm's topped off at 8060. With the high heat and humidity we had this past weekend, I topped off at 7980. I have just over 3 hrs.

Yeah... I'm kinda wondering about my RPMs/speeds on my P-X too. I just turned over 6 hours yesterday, and I'm getting ~7860RPMs. This nets me a speed of only 65.8mph GPS with a 335lb rider and a bit over 3/4 tank of fuel on flat water 90+ degree air/80 degree water at 884ft above sea level. Of course the dream-o-meter says 70mph before I'm even at 62mph or so.

I know my big a$$ is slowing me down some, but I'm wondering if I'm close to what it should be at. Any input on our situations anybody???

-=Mike G.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by wwerxp View Post
    Looks like my altitude is 738 feet. I'm really hoping the computer is managing the RPM's during break in. At this point I'm no quicker then my buddies stock RXP. Pitching, i wish i knew how to do that, I'm pretty handy, do my own oil change, R&R wear rings, R&R Props etc, i just don't get how you can be consistent when pitching a prop with a big adjustable wrench.
    It's alittle more detailed than just taking a wrench to your impeller..It's what you do with the big ass wrench that counts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information