Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SC on water, TT on land

Am I boucing the rev limiter?

I posted this in another thread so I wouldn't have to start a new one, but I'm not getting any responses. Anyways, mods in sig, and when I got WOT and in the middle of accelerating (not being anywhere near top speed), the ski will buck one time, it will stop accelerating for like a second, then will accelerate hard again, and the process starts again. The first time I went WOT with these mods, it was 80 out and 68 degree water, and then when it was 95 out and 82 degree water it started doing it (if this matters). I didn't get a chance to see what the rpms were reading, but does this sound like its hitting the rev limiter? I wanted to be sure before I start doing stuff like repitching the prop.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by PTLanza View Post
    I posted this in another thread so I wouldn't have to start a new one, but I'm not getting any responses. Anyways, mods in sig, and when I got WOT and in the middle of accelerating (not being anywhere near top speed), the ski will buck one time, it will stop accelerating for like a second, then will accelerate hard again, and the process starts again. The first time I went WOT with these mods, it was 80 out and 68 degree water, and then when it was 95 out and 82 degree water it started doing it (if this matters). I didn't get a chance to see what the rpms were reading, but does this sound like its hitting the rev limiter? I wanted to be sure before I start doing stuff like repitching the prop.
    Most likely your on the rev limiter, Must watch RPM's.. Take it out agian and watch the RPM's, let us know where your at.

Alex

+1
    Does this happen on flat water,in rough or both????I have a 06 also that acts like that BUT only in choppy water...When on flat or calm water she runs great....

SC on water, TT on land
    come to think of it, it was doing this in small chop water the last couple of times, and the time before that when it didnt do it the water was glass smooth.

Banned User
    come to think of it, it was doing this in small chop water the last couple of times, and the time before that when it didnt do it the water was glass smooth.
    The problem your referring to is when the ski becomes "unhooked" you loose RPM's, the ski is built this way because your SC would go from ?? RPM's to way to many RPM's causing you to break shafts/gears ect...

Piranna has a fix for this;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60668

For rec riders I think this one might bite ya in the long run..

Per Piranna's post- “A RACERS MUST ” You will notice with our new ECU program that when the Ski becomes unhooked and then hooks back up you will have full Power and peak RPM’s Instantly.
    “Other ECU Brands do not have this option”

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    The problem your referring to is when the ski becomes "unhooked" you loose RPM's, the ski is built this way because your SC would go from ?? RPM's to way to many RPM's causing you to break shafts/gears ect...

Piranna has a fix for this;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60668

For rec riders I think this one might bite ya in the long run..

Per Piranna's post- “A RACERS MUST ” You will notice with our new ECU program that when the Ski becomes unhooked and then hooks back up you will have full Power and peak RPM’s Instantly.
    “Other ECU Brands do not have this option”
    That very well could be his problem......But there are a few of us out here that have this problem and its not unhooking...Its like the engine cuts out for a sec and then refires..I know everybody gonna come on and say we are hitting the rev limiter but we are not..It does it at 6500-8100...I talked extensively with Pale Rider on this and he found that there its a possablity that the TOPS valve/switch is malfunctioning..Its one of those gremlins....NOT saying this is the problem..Just some input.....

SC on water, TT on land
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    That very well could be his problem......But there are a few of us out here that have this problem and its not unhooking...Its like the engine cuts out for a sec and then refires..I know everybody gonna come on and say we are hitting the rev limiter but we are not..It does it at 6500-8100...I talked extensively with Pale Rider on this and he found that there its a possablity that the TOPS valve/switch is malfunctioning..Its one of those gremlins....NOT saying this is the problem..Just some input.....
    i'm not unhooking, but yea its just as you said, the engine will cut out for a sec and then go again, then cut out again for a sec, then go again.

here is some more info that i may experiment with. On the glass smooth when no problems were occuring, my trim was +2. On the slight chop and having the problems, my trim was +4. I may lower it back to +2 and see what happens.
    Last edited by PTLanza; 06-09-2008 at 03:55 PM.

+1
    Exactly what mines doing....Im still fighting it...I gonna try to bypass the TOPS switch all together and see if that works......HOPEFULLY someone out there has some other insite..

SC on water, TT on land
    does anyone else have any more ideas on what this hesitation could be? I went out saturday, 84 degree water temp, and my max rpms were only 7880 under WOT, but i'm still getting this slight hesitation when i accelerate hard.

does anyone else have any more ideas on what this hesitation could be? I went out saturday, 84 degree water temp, and my max rpms were only 7880 under WOT, but i'm still getting this slight hesitation when i accelerate hard.
    Possibly a leaking intercooler. Check the TB for moisture or do a pressure test on the water circuit in the IC... Ron

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information