Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2006 RXP Losing MPH??

Just recently, my stock 2006 RXP lost about 5 MPH?? i took it out when the water was like glass to confirm and could only run at 64 MPH top. the day before, 69 MPH all day. The RPMs run around 8000 consistantly so from reading the posts, i don't believe it is a supercharger issue. Any ideas??? thanks.

Wear ring/impellor got damaged somehow?

+1
    Also, if it is a wear ring/impellor issue, what damage could be done by running it at its current condition??

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Saywoodj View Post
    Just recently, my stock 2006 RXP lost about 5 MPH?? i took it out when the water was like glass to confirm and could only run at 64 MPH top. the day before, 69 MPH all day. The RPMs run around 8000 consistantly so from reading the posts, i don't believe it is a supercharger issue. Any ideas??? thanks.

Inspect your ski.. Is the intake grate flush with the bottom of your ski? Do you still have ceramic washers in your SC clutch? Did the water conditions change(Fresh/salt), It's not uncommon to suck somthing into your pump and either screw up your pitch( would cause vibration, loss or gain in RPM's and speed loss) or tear up your wear ring ( would cause cavitation on holeshot and reduce top speed) You know how to pull a pump?

Alex

Banned User
    Also, if it is a wear ring/impellor issue, what damage could be done by running it at its current condition??
    It's an easy fix, why run it.

+1
    i keep the ski moored at the pond i live at so i haven't been under it to check it out. there has been alot of activity on the pond lately due to the nice weather and i have seen more plant debris floating in the water. no vibrations, the ski runs the same just not as fast. yes, the ceramic washers are still in the ski. i tried to get the seadoo dealer to switch them out when it was commisioned for the spring and they wouldn't touch it. i don't know how to pull the pump, but i'm not scared to try but don't know where to begin...
    thanks for the help so far!!

Banned User
    i keep the ski moored at the pond i live at so i haven't been under it to check it out. there has been alot of activity on the pond lately due to the nice weather and i have seen more plant debris floating in the water. no vibrations, the ski runs the same just not as fast. yes, the ceramic washers are still in the ski. i tried to get the seadoo dealer to switch them out when it was commisioned for the spring and they wouldn't touch it. i don't know how to pull the pump, but i'm not scared to try but don't know where to begin...
    thanks for the help so far!!
    If your looking at the rear of your ski, you'll see your pump which has your ventui and reverse bucket bolted on to it. There is 4 bolts that hold your pump to the pump shoe.. Remove 4 bolts and disconnect VTS and steering linkage.. The pump with venturi and reverse bucket still attached will pull right out..Simple.. Look for bent impeller blades or grooves in your wear ring.. If none slide it back in and hook it back up.

If confused, click on link;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=536

+1
    The ceramic washers are still in the ski. i tried to get the seadoo dealer to switch them out when it was commisioned for the spring and they wouldn't touch it.
    You really need to concider getting these out ASAP before you kick yourself in the arse...Most dealers will not change out the ceramics for metal..You might want to ask around on the boards here,maybe there is a forum member who lives close to you that could give you a hand in changing them..If you were in the area here i would give you a hand...
    Or you can get a shop manual and do them yourself...They really are not hard to do..You just need the tools...Lastly you could send your SC to Jerry..He will do it right with no worries...

+1
    thanks for the help, i appreciate it. i'm going to pull the pump this weekend and see what it looks like. i am planning on getting the sc washers switched out this fall when i take the ski out of the water and sending it down to jerry. i have my fingers crossed they hold on!!

+1

Back up to speed

alright guys, i replaced the wear ring that was grooved up pretty bad and also replaced the impeller that nicked up on the trailing edges (must have sucked up some bottom somewhere along the line). looked like the orginal wear ring and impeller - the ski has 48 hrs.
    more importantly, while i had the ski out of the water, i sent the supercharger down to jerry and had the ceramic washers replaced with the riva metal. superfast turn around with great communication.
    Now, the ski is back up to speed and nasty (and i'm not worried about the washers)!!
    thanks for everyones help. this site is great. i wouldn't have entertained doing the repairs myself but this site and members gave me the information/directions/parts i needed to get the job done at a fraction of the dealer costs. with the savings, i won't feel as guilty buying gas!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information