Full throttle issues (951)

its a 2002 sportster le 951 ...I've had this boat for 3 seasons now, and I have just ignored this problem. When you give it full throttle, its got less power than when you give it 90%.When you're @ top speed @ full throttle, the rpms only go to about 6500. But when you back it down 10%, the boat picks up to about 7000rpm and gains another 7mph... you can really feel the difference. Especially when accelerating.Any Ideas? Is it supposed 2 do that?

Not supposed to do that, your throttle wire just needs to be adjusted. At 90%, your butterfly plate in the throttle body is open all the way, then at 100%, it is over-rotating to block the airflow. I haven't had to adjust mine, but there should be a nut on the throttle wire going into the throttle body that can be used to adjust that.

Thanx, that's what I figured. hey, I noticed you have a fresh air intake that u made? did that do much difference for u? pics? (....guess I just jaked my own thread)

I don't have any recent pictures, but here's some of when I first created the dual fresh-air intake, and I can tell you what I've done since, and why. I thought this setup would bring me in all the cool air I wanted, but by the time I got the Rude SC, I learned that I still wasn't getting enough air. I still have a similar setup, but right off the SC, I have another "Y" connector with a stainless steel filter; that made a big difference. I've done so much testing with the air intake, and one thing I can tell you is, it really doesn't seem to matter that fresh air is coming from the outside, the supercharger just wants lots of air, and it doesn't want to go far to get it. The best deal is to get a SS filter and have it connected as close as possible to the SC inlet. I also like to still utilize the stock intake system with a "Y" connector.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New intake port.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	463.2 KB 
ID:	77023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New intake starboard.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	390.5 KB 
ID:	77024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000449.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	77025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000651.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	442.2 KB 
ID:	77026  

Here is one of my first intakes, and really something that I have yet to improve on. I use that filter now, but it's behind the exhaust because of the external intercooler. I'm currently working on a thru-hull exhaust to free up some room back there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 inch intake in.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	77031  

Thread Information