Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: impeller ?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    282

    impeller ?

    can I spin a 14/19 3 blade with just a drop in fan?


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyginzo View Post
    can I spin a 14/19 3 blade with just a drop in fan?
    If your talking about a SC impeller, more than enough..Which impeller? green wheel/vortec gen.2 would likely be to much for a 14/19.. Are we talking RXP or RXT? 'cause if were talkin RXT, I don't know chit..If were talkin RXP, you'll need a 15/20 for the power these two impeller's make.

    Alex

  3. #3
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    If your talking about a SC impeller, more than enough..Which impeller? green wheel/vortec gen.2 would likely be to much for a 14/19.. Are we talking RXP or RXT? 'cause if were talkin RXT, I don't know chit..If were talkin RXP, you'll need a 15/20 for the power these two impeller's make.

    Alex
    He is refering to a 14/19 3 blade. I think you will be able to turn the 14 3 blade ok. But you will need more hp to turn the 15/20 3 blade.

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    it's the drop in fan that got me... i'm not sure what he means, 14/19 with any aftermarket SC impeller and he's all over the rev. limiter. My gen. 1 vortec pushed my 15/20 to 8000RPM's untouched with stage II.

  5. #5
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    it's the drop in fan that got me... i'm not sure what he means, 14/19 with any aftermarket SC impeller and he's all over the rev. limiter. My gen. 1 vortec pushed my 15/20 to 8000RPM's untouched with stage II.
    14/19 3 blade will work great for any aftermarket impeller from green wheel to stage 3 if you dont have any other mods. !4/19 4 blade and you will be on the limiter.

    A buddy of mne has a stage three wheel on a stock ski with rear intake, 42lb injector and gh thru hull running a 14/19 @ 8150. 73 mph. Killer hole shot!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    282
    Yes I am talkin about a 3 blade prop not a 4.....and drop in fan I mean green wheel gen 2 etc......this for my rxp and would have no other mods at all, stock intake, stock exhaust everything

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    282
    bump for more input

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen,Md
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyginzo View Post
    bump for more input
    Those mountains in your avitar, I always thought NJ was flat

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    282
    I did some searching and seems like anybody who is running a 14/19 3 blade has external intercooler, 4" intake and exhaust.....Are my rpms gunna be low with this prop on my setup?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What pitch impeller
    By Turbo Todd in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:55 AM
  2. which compressor impeller ?
    By eyaliz in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 09:21 AM
  3. Supercharger Impeller Install
    By Teflon in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 06:01 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 02:01 PM
  5. SC impeller
    By shhr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •