Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

new to forum. had a few questions

hi everybody!
    im new to the forum i have an 08 ultra 250 and i love it. it is the most amazing machine that i have ever riden.....granted i havent owned anything else. right now my machine is stock but i would like to start upgrading it to make it faster. the other day i was out on the lake and i had to head bake home to meet somebody and on the way back to my dock there is usually a really smooth area so i was runing 70 and i noticed that wfo it went 70 and when i was 3/4 throttel it was still going 70 so what my question is what sould i do first? what upgrades am i going to see the most benefit out of for the price? i would like to be able to run 75 but tell me if im crazy. another problem i found is wail i was screaming back to the ramp i came up on a stupit rxp rider that was beging just compleatly stupid so i was like ahhh ill just fly past him and well go our own ways well he nailed it and we were side by side and that damn rxp slowly pulled away . what does it take to be able to kill any rxp?

i dont know if i should add more power or change the impeller. any help would be great!

rory krone

well, first buy a handheld gps to get an accurate base line. you're actually going about 66 or 67 mph. the stock speedo isnt accurate. im not a 250 guy, i have a 15F but i can point you in a general direction. look at the greenhulk online store, there is a link on the left side of your screen. You can find tons of parts there and use the discount code GREENHULK to receive a 10% discount on your parts. look at the R&D or Riva kits. it all depends on how much you want to spend. SUPPORT THE SITE THAT SUPPORTS YOU!!

PS. WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Duramax View Post
    hi everybody!
    im new to the forum i have an 08 ultra 250 and i love it. it is the most amazing machine that i have ever riden.....granted i havent owned anything else. right now my machine is stock but i would like to start upgrading it to make it faster. the other day i was out on the lake and i had to head bake home to meet somebody and on the way back to my dock there is usually a really smooth area so i was runing 70 and i noticed that wfo it went 70 and when i was 3/4 throttel it was still going 70 so what my question is what sould i do first? what upgrades am i going to see the most benefit out of for the price? i would like to be able to run 75 but tell me if im crazy. another problem i found is wail i was screaming back to the ramp i came up on a stupit rxp rider that was beging just compleatly stupid so i was like ahhh ill just fly past him and well go our own ways well he nailed it and we were side by side and that damn rxp slowly pulled away . what does it take to be able to kill any rxp?

i dont know if i should add more power or change the impeller. any help would be great!

rory krone
    Are you serious?

what do you mean wilson? the spedo on mine says 70 at wfo but i weigh about 140 soaking wet.

Duramax, take some time and read through lots of threads. You will find much useful info on upgrades, as well as begin to understand the basics of these machines. Stock 08 ultras run from 63 to 67 mph typically. The speedos are not accurate, that is why we call em dreamometers. You need a gps to get accurate readings and do comparisons.

That being said, the most common things we do first are:
    Ride plate: either R&D or Riva (search to Find thread on Skips comparison)
    Wedge 1 or 2 degree
    R & D Cold air Kit (Filters)

The above items will get you a couple mph and drier ride.
    also check out the kawasaki how to FAQs:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

+1
    welcome to the forum

im sorry if i offended anybody. didnt mean to. i was just guided away from sea doo by a person who had a lot of experience with them(worked at a dealer as a mechanic) and said to stay away from them and get the ultra 250 so i did. i have been reading a lot on this forum and ya i have figured out really quick i cant trust the dremometer. i just would rather invest in more upgrades instead of a gps right now.

ok so what i have read i should
    1. wedge
    2. ride plate
    any other recommendations?

do the aftermarket impellers help much?

Welcome to the forum.

Try using the search option. It will help alot in finding information.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Duramax View Post
    im sorry if i offended anybody. didnt mean to. i was just guided away from sea doo by a person who had a lot of experience with them(worked at a dealer as a mechanic) and said to stay away from them and get the ultra 250 so i did. i have been reading a lot on this forum and ya i have figured out really quick i cant trust the dremometer. i just would rather invest in more upgrades instead of a gps right now.

ok so what i have read i should
    1. wedge
    2. ride plate
    any other recommendations?

do the aftermarket impellers help much?
    Welcome to the forum.

What water conditions do you ride in? Wedge is a great inexpensive mod, plus our newly released oil contamination maintenance system.

Welcome, what color did you get? RXP are fast in flat water, lure him out in the chop and the advantage will be yours.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information