Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

peice of wood stuck in impellar

i was recently at the lake enjoying my jet ski i bought from my brother, sl700, and when i was coming back i hit a log and then from there my impellar was stuck, i was able to idel back to the ramp, but when i tried to give it gas it sound like it was slipping, i only ran it for about 5 minutes if that to get it back, but i got it home and found a peice of wood stuck in the impellar, got it out and am taking it back to the lake tomorrow, and just wondering if there is anything else i should do to it before i take it out, im just seeing if i messed up the driveshaft cuppler or what not, what should i do, sorry this is so long, thank you

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Possible chance some damage may occured. Start out easy and put it through it's paces. Anything seems odd, get back to dock for further investigation.

Possible impeller damage, stator fin damage, driveshaft damage, coupler damage, or crank damage. Not saying you DID, but possible...

awesome, thanks for the reply, out of all of those i hope its not the crank lol, if anything at all, im going to start out real slow and if anything like u said turn back around and load her back up, should i greese the coupler before i go out? also what kind of greese, and i dont know what it is, but i cant find any information on my jet ski, where can i find that, sorry about the dumb questions, i just need to get more familiar with my jet ski, so i know what to look for, polaris sl700

You can download the serivce manual for your ski on herein the tech section. I really hope you didnt mess your crank. But anything caught in the pump area will make it run HORRIBLE, so hopefully that was your problem.

+1
    Marine grease is recommended, you can find it at auto parts stores. And you should always keep that baby lubed. I do it every time I go out. It also keeps water from entering the hull, by all means grease away.

well good news today when i was taking out my jet ski, it ran perfect like nothing had ever been wrong with it, im sure i got lucky with that one, i only ran it for an hour because there were a lot of sticks and logs in the water because all of the rain, didnt want it hapenning again, thanks for all the information, how can i get a speedometer installed on this thing, plus where to get one, thanks

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_bigler View Post
    ...how can I get a speedometer installed on this thing, plus where to get one, thanks
    Are you looking for top speed measurements, or day-to-day normal riding speed info?

For top speed measuring, you cannot trust the standard speedometers, you must use a GPS unit.

You could retrofit a Polaris speedometer pitot fitting (part# 5431634) into the jet pump intake under the drive shaft, and install an MFD display or one of the round speedometers, perhaps in the dash plate.

alright, thanks, im not looking for top speed, just so when someone is pulling a tube to not go over so much speed lol, and to have an idea of how fast im going, dont need to be too accurate as i know the top speed is only probably 50 something, but thats good enough for me,

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    What ski do you have and were are you?

+1
    Try sending John Zigler a PM. I'm sure he can set you up with a speedometer and pitot fitting from another ski. All you'll need is 1/4" tubing and a place to mount the gauge. We can help with the pitot loaction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information