Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: 95 Sea Doo HX

  1. #1

    95 Sea Doo HX

    I am havent found much info so I am hoping some of you all can help me. I have found what I think is a decent deal on a 95 HX Model with trailor. What is a good price for both? Oh can anyone tell me ups and downs of the HX model. This will be my first jetski and looking for something fun powerful, and reliable.

    Thanks


  2. #2
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by WvRider View Post
    I am havent found much info so I am hoping some of you all can help me. I have found what I think is a decent deal on a 95 HX Model with trailor. What is a good price for both? Oh can anyone tell me ups and downs of the HX model. This will be my first jetski and looking for something fun powerful, and reliable.

    Thanks
    The HX has great power to weight ratio and is very playful. However it is a very narrow small ski and is difficult to board in deep water, unless you have plenty of ski experience I would avoid an HX. It is very reliable in stock form but the 720 engine gets tempramental if modified. If you do buy I wouldn't pay more than $2000 for ski and trailer

  3. #3
    Ride Hard! aha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    2,009
    +1
    11
    Just grab the handle bars and have the ski pull you out of the water, thats what I always did. You dont need to get on it from behind. It is a sport class ski so remember that. If your looking for something to have fun on then it for sure will give you that. Plan on getting really wet and getting in the water a bunch.

  4. #4
    Hey thank you all that is some of the best info. Yep want something really fun and a good power to weight ratio. Love the water that is why i want one to ejoy it lol. Not really good the ski stuff yet but have big backt ground in atv's trail ridding and racing. One more thing this my sound stupied but does it have VTS system on it. Say this is all new to me. I found one somewhat close to me with trailor for 1400 or so. Could any of you all give me some specs

  5. #5
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by WvRider View Post
    Hey thank you all that is some of the best info. Yep want something really fun and a good power to weight ratio. Love the water that is why i want one to ejoy it lol. Not really good the ski stuff yet but have big backt ground in atv's trail ridding and racing. One more thing this my sound stupied but does it have VTS system on it. Say this is all new to me. I found one somewhat close to me with trailor for 1400 or so. Could any of you all give me some specs
    The HX has a manual VTS its a knob down by the nozzle, not exatly something you adjust on the fly

  6. #6
    Well thanks everyone for your help. Well after some more research and listerning to yours imput of this ski I decided to pass. I am going to look at a low hour sea doo xp this sat and get it that I found here in the classified. Thanks again for helping decided on the xp overall.

  7. #7
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by WvRider View Post
    Well thanks everyone for your help. Well after some more research and listerning to yours imput of this ski I decided to pass. I am going to look at a low hour sea doo xp this sat and get it that I found here in the classified. Thanks again for helping decided on the xp overall.
    I think you'll be happier, in the short term. And if you want there will be HX's available later.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Harrisonville Missouri
    Posts
    239
    yeah my first ski was an HX and it is definetly not a first owner ski, but it all worked out once i figured out how to board it. I think you will be way happier with the XP. I could not even stop on an HX and keep it up right because it is so narrow. but I am about 6' 4" 220.

  9. #9
    1996XP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by GYTWYPT View Post
    ....I could not even stop on an HX and keep it up right because it is so narrow. but I am about 6' 4" 220.

    Damn i couldn't imagine!! First few times i rode my XP i was wobblin all over at idle untill i got the hang of it. It drove me nuts at first, now i love my XP from a straight up fun sense.

    For the OP just a FYI i go tmy XP and Trailer for $2000. I have seen many for around the same price, and it was in almost mint shape.

    Good luck!

  10. #10
    Hey thanks for your alls imput. Yea do agree the xp wil be faster , more fun, and easier to board. Yea looking that the ski alone right at $1500 with only around hundred or so hours. So all that leaves me with is finding a trailer and will proabley have around $2000 total then. Yep just seems like a better deal lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 95 sea doo gtx 787 wont go over 40
    By SUCKMYWAKE in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 07:59 AM
  2. 95 Sea-Doo SP 'Mpem' Electrical Box For Sale
    By ags0702 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
  3. 1995 & 1996 Sea Doo HX's w/ Mod Parts - Deal of the Year!
    By seatsR4toilets in forum Sea Doo 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 07:21 PM
  4. 1995 & 1996 Sea Doo HX's w/ Mod Parts - Deal of the Year!
    By seatsR4toilets in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 04:05 PM
  5. 95 Sea Doo HX
    By WvRider in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •