where's my coolant running off to?

05 RXP B kit,the works
    I have to add coolant every two or three outings. No signs of green leaks, no residue in the hull.Where is it going??????
    THanks

Im posting this question for Meirvin while he's working on his ski....all I see is legs right now so I am his secretary with all the questions!!!!!!!while he is putting the ole ski back together.

small head gasket leak

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeez View Post
    small head gasket leak
    Just out of curiosity, what are the other symptoms of a head gasket leak?

+1
    A coolant leak via head gasket will usually either end up in your oil or out the exhaust. If there is coolant in your oil it will be pretty easy to tell as the oil will look milky, but if the coolant is going out the exhaust it is not as easy to tell because you can't run it long enough without water to detect the coolant. I would look for bubbles appearing in the resevoir when the ski is running. This would be a sign of compression leaking into the coolant passages. Also when you are out running it do you ever notice the coolant looks over full just after you shut it off? Does it ever miss a little on cold start up? These could all be signs of a head gasket leak. My guess would be that you have a head gasket leak.

small leak out of the rideplate. nothing left behind to see. mine was so small it only happened when really under stress so even putting it on a hose and running it you wouldnt see a leak.. i took it all aparts cleaned it ...silicone and thread tape everythnig... worth a try

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDiva View Post
    05 RXP B kit,the works
    I have to add coolant every two or three outings. No signs of green leaks, no residue in the hull.Where is it going??????
    THanks

Probably out the overflow into the hull, then siphoned out by the bailers . Try a lil test to find out. The rear bolt hole in the hood cowling, I drilled a little hole on the inside, and left the cap off, then ran the overflow tube out the hole a little bit. You'll notice at WOT coolant will puke out on the rear floor mat. After u test just put the cap back over the bolt hole, and it covers the drilled hole as well .

Thread Information