what to look for in used 06 RXP

I am thinking about trading my 06 600RR for a RXP. It is also an 06 and has around 50 hours on it. I have had a GP 1200 and an HX before but I am not really familiar with the new 4 strokes.
    I was hoping that you all could give me some pointers on what to look for. It is very clean on the outside and has been kept in a heated garage. and was serviced at 25 hrs. My bike only has 1270 miles on it and I know it is in mint condition and dont want to get rid of something nice and end up with a piece of crap.

Thanks for the help

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by GYTWYPT View Post
    I am thinking about trading my 06 600RR for a RXP. It is also an 06 and has around 50 hours on it. I have had a GP 1200 and an HX before but I am not really familiar with the new 4 strokes.
    I was hoping that you all could give me some pointers on what to look for. It is very clean on the outside and has been kept in a heated garage. and was serviced at 25 hrs. My bike only has 1270 miles on it and I know it is in mint condition and dont want to get rid of something nice and end up with a piece of crap.

Thanks for the help
    Buying a used RXP is like rolling dice, You may win or lose.. I've seen to many treads with titles like " bought used RXP with 20 hours now my motors blown" " My timing chain broke on my new ski",You never know if people fix thing correctly.. We all know that these RXP suffer from horrible designed clutch set-ups from the factory, We know the fix but most don't. I don't really know a fail safe way to tell that the SC hasn't blown it's ceramic washers.
    Inspect carefully

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Buying a used RXP is like rolling dice, You may win or lose.. I've seen to many treads with titles like " bought used RXP with 20 hours now my motors blown" " My timing chain broke on my new ski",You never know if people fix thing correctly.. We all know that these RXP suffer from horrible designed clutch set-ups from the factory, We know the fix but most don't. I don't really know a fail safe way to tell that the SC hasn't blown it's ceramic washers.
    Inspect carefully
    Does anyone know how to tell if the washers are done? Anything else to look for
    What needs imediate attention if I end up with this thing?

thanks
    Joe

Banned User
    Very first thing would be to remove SC and replace ceramic washers in SC.

Then read this if you wanna go fast;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Very first thing would be to remove SC and replace ceramic washers in SC.

Then read this if you wanna go fast;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

Alex
    I figured the washer would be first thing. Just didnt know if anything else would need attention.
    Thanks for the link. I have been looking for something like that.

Thanks again
    Joe

So someone help me out. Which house exactly is the air to S/C? I am sure it will be self explanatory, but I dont want to get up there and not be able to figure it out.
    Also is there no in between on turning the S/C? Meaning it will either turn which is not good or not turn which is good? Or maybe there is a case of it being worn and being only able to barely turn it?

thanks again
    Joe

Thread Information