Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SBT wear rings

+1

SBT wear rings

Anybody purchase a wear ring from SBT??Just received mine today and held my solas up to it and the prop wont fit in it..I ordered the one for the 4-tec sc thought this was the right one,,maybe not anybody know..Anybody have this problem???Or am i doing something wrong.???
    Thanks
    snoman

It will fit...You need to go in straight with it. It will be tight. You just need to make sure you go in perfectly straight.

Peter

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I think you ordered the wrong one. The 4-tec one is for the '03-'04 models. They have another one listed for the RXP. Does anyone know if the RXP and RXT use the same wear ring?

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel
    I think you ordered the wrong one. The 4-tec one is for the '03-'04 models. They have another one listed for the RXP. Does anyone know if the RXP and RXT use the same wear ring?
    Yes, the RXP/RXT is the same wear ring....Maybe they sent him one for the GTX...

+1
    If you ordered one for the 4-tec SC you got a GTX SC wear ring.

You need to specifically order one for the RXP/RXT

+1
    yep they sent the wrong one i talked to SBT today they said there is a differant one for the rxp/rxt..Right now they dont have any in stock.
    If you or anybody needs this one for a gtx let me know before i send it back.45.00 includes shipping. Thanks guys

Scott

SeaDoocer
    I am curious about the SBT wear ring...they mention that it is a new material that is a little harder than the oem wear ring...Is this going to make a difference in allowing the prop to take the blows instead of the softer material absorbing the damage? I've had people tell me to stick with the oem...better to damage the wear ring than the prop!?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    People are replacing the oem with stainless steel, which do you think is harder? Lot depends on how trashy the water is where you ride. I'd rather replace a prop every couple of years than a wear ring every couple of months. To answer your question though, I think the oem ring is way too soft and needs to be harder so if SBT's is made from a harder compound I would rather have it.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel
    People are replacing the oem with stainless steel, which do you think is harder? Lot depends on how trashy the water is where you ride. I'd rather replace a prop every couple of years than a wear ring every couple of months. To answer your question though, I think the oem ring is way too soft and needs to be harder so if SBT's is made from a harder compound I would rather have it.
    SS is the best for long-term reliability. My Skat D Pump has SS, and neither get damaged. With the HP you guys are pushing, expect the middle part of each prop blade to start pitting from cavitation. As long as the clearances are tight the prop should still last you for a season...in clean non-sandy environment. It's doubtful though that you would get two years.

+1
    I'd like to know what kind of material (plastic) the wear ring is made out of.I was thinking close to hard teflon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information