+1

Greenwheel, RXT driveshaft, 14/19r impeller, SS wear ring, ECU

I currently have the following for my 2005 GTXSC (185) Stage I (4" intake): Greenwheel, RXT driveshaft, 14/19r impeller, SS wear ring and 05 RXP ECU. I know I will need the knock sensor harness and 58 fuel regulator. MY question is...In what order do I install these? Should I do the Greenwheel and driveshaft/impeller/wear ring, then the ECU, or all at once? Besides an XS IC, this is probably as far as I am taking these mods before upgrading to a 215 hp ski...then swapping the mods to the RXT. This is just to hold me over until that poojnt. --Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I currently have the following for my 2005 GTXSC (185) Stage I (4" intake): Greenwheel, RXT driveshaft, 14/19r impeller, SS wear ring and 05 RXP ECU. I know I will need the knock sensor harness and 58 fuel regulator. MY question is...In what order do I install these? Should I do the Greenwheel and driveshaft/impeller/wear ring, then the ECU, or all at once? Besides an XS IC, this is probably as far as I am taking these mods before upgrading to a 215 hp ski...then swapping the mods to the RXT. This is just to hold me over until that poojnt. --Jeremy
    It's just my opinion, but if you make 5 changes at the same time, there will be 32 possible outcomes. If it were me, I would change the Green Wheel first, then do the driveshaft, SS wear ring & impeller, finally the ECU. Or you could do the ECU first, then the driveshaft, SS wear ring & impeller, finally the Green Wheel. I'd be interested in any performance gain from just the ECU in a 185-hp engine. I'm assuming that you have the aluminum pump. Again, just my $.02... Ron

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    You will need everything you mention, including the XS IC, to be able to turn the 14/19 above 7650 rpm... most likely you will have to de-pitch the impeller a couple of millimeters.

So the order doesn't really matter, though it would be futile to run the impeller before any power producing items.

Oh, if you add the XS to the mix you will also need some 42 lb. injectors.

+1
    The 2005 pumps are metal. I also screwed my to hell and had to replace it. I ended up getting the RXP replacement from Riva. I couldn't tell you anymore than that about the pump, other than it was what was on the latest RXP's as of September 07.

Making mods one at a time will require a prop tweek on each, right? Durn it!

+1
    I got the Greenwheel in tonight. I really want to take it out tomorrow and see what it will do compared to stock. A month ago, I added the 4" intake and lost 100 rpm, down to 7500. Will the Greenwheel fix this or will it still be too much?

Next mod (already have and waiting) is the RXT driveshaft, 14/19r impeller and SS wear ring. Then the RXP ECU, which I have. Just gotta get the knock sensor and 58 fuel reg.

Any thoughts on the 100 rpms? --jeremy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I got the Greenwheel in tonight. I really want to take it out tomorrow and see what it will do compared to stock.
    I would definetly take a spin with just the wheel mod. Will be good piece of mind to know how she runs with mod.
    A month ago, I added the 4" intake and lost 100 rpm, down to 7500. Will the Greenwheel fix this or will it still be too much?
    I bet you lost rpm from heat and not from air mod. Probably lost more like 200 rpm but you gained 100 with air intake. Might be, heat is killer on hp.

Next mod (already have and waiting) is the RXT driveshaft, 14/19r impeller and SS wear ring. Then the RXP ECU, which I have. Just gotta get the knock sensor and 58 fuel reg.

Any thoughts on the 100 rpms? --jeremy
    Have fun at the bug. I dread not getting to go, but got family time in Florida that was planned long ago.
    Last edited by skoepp; 06-11-2008 at 12:13 AM.

+1
    So will the greenwheel hit the limiter...I am at 7500 now. What rpms will/should the greenwheel give me? I just need to make sure I have a reliable ski at MB.

Then maybe I can get someone to watch over me as I wrench the driveshaft/impeller/wear ring at the hotel. Or...I could wait until after.

+1
    ttt...any thoughts?

Thread Information