Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SPX verse GSX-L

SPX verse GSX-L

my brother just got a 98 GSX-Limited and now he beats me top speed with ease. i still take him off the line and can jump and cat walk etc etc better than his gsx.but....my question is: what can i do to give me the top end speed his 951 has over my 800.
    please no stupid,get gsxl or get 4 tec or etc etc...what do i do to my 800 that will give me the mph he has.his 951 has 20 HP more than my 800's 110HP. is it even possible or what?

+1
    I offered you the parts to make you a bit faster a while back. Since you mainly ride in the Great Lakes like myself, your main issue is going to be keeping your ski in the water. I know that the RFI pump with a Concorde impeller and R&D nozzles on my ski keeps my XP glued to the water and makes it a great wave jumper. On the flat water, adding a pipe will get you the speeds you are looking for, but the tough part is finding the flat water after your install to tune it properly.

I ride with a friend with an RXDI. In the flat water we are very close on the top end. In the rough stuff, we spend too much time jumping waves and don't care who is faster.

hi, i should have added that i have installed: R&D hull extenders R&D intake grate R&D nozzle...it hooks great .it rides way better in the rough,but i still cant keep up with the gsxL.off line i blow him away though...

any suggestions as to what pipe to get? and are they difficult to install?
    what are thye drawbacks? as far as fuel & reliability etc...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by levonhelmet View Post
    any suggestions as to what pipe to get? and are they difficult to install?
    what are thye drawbacks? as far as fuel & reliability etc...
    The popular pipe would be the Factory spec II(i think that was the series that produced more hp)...if you get a pipe then you're definately going to have to look into getting a aftermarket rev limiter to bring the pipe to it's full potential, then look at getting a different prop....

since you're going to be producing more hp..you're more than likely going to be using more fuel

hi,yes i was just on the factory site,and after looking at how much money it will cost to add like 10 HP.i might as well just sell my spx throw in the cash i was gonna spend on the pipe etc etc and get a GSXL.i think thats what im gonna do.there are 5 guys i ride with regularly .4 have the GSXL and one has an RXDI.im the slowest and im sick of it...all the cash to go as fast as them is not worth it.especially since they could concievably put on pipe etc and then still be that much faster.i love my spx but i need to be able to get in front once in a while when were goin to the riding spots...jumpin,well im the king in that area...so it its a tough choice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by levonhelmet View Post
    hi,yes i was just on the factory site,and after looking at how much money it will cost to add like 10 HP.i might as well just sell my spx throw in the cash i was gonna spend on the pipe etc etc and get a GSXL.i think thats what im gonna do.there are 5 guys i ride with regularly .4 have the GSXL and one has an RXDI.im the slowest and im sick of it...all the cash to go as fast as them is not worth it.especially since they could concievably put on pipe etc and then still be that much faster.i love my spx but i need to be able to get in front once in a while when were goin to the riding spots...jumpin,well im the king in that area...so it its a tough choice.
    I haven't been to the factory website to see how much prices are for new, I've seen the factory pipes go from anywhere from $175 all the way up to $350...but an average price i've seen them go for are in the $250 range...I was in the same boat you're kinda in..I wanted to go all out I found a aftermarket high compression head and factory pipe, I just am starting out with the small stuff first

spec 1 pipe is $739.00.then i need the carbs done also need a flame arrestor and rev limiter and etc etc... plus installation and tuning it...all that for like 8-10 hp? i dont think so...!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    there is a FPII here...good price!

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...t=factory+pipe

yeah it looks good,but its still 630 plus shipping and then having the carbs done flame arrestor intsalling tuning.im over 1000 by the time its all said and done.and i will still be 10 HP short of a 951 gsxL.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information