Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dealer Question

Dealer Question

Okay, so how does the dealer go through his check list when servicing? Do they use the actual manual for the ski? Or, does Kawasaki themselves send their own procedures?

Thanks guys.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The Manual is Kawasaki's actual procedures......

lol...i know, i guess it was the way i worded my question. sorry bout that. the reason why i ask, they didn't give me any paper work of what they checked, replaced, all that stuff. my dealership has got to be the busiest one there....A LOT of peeps getting atv's, skis, serviced.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I gotcha now, my dealer makes a copy of the Manual check list, and lists everything on there as they do it....................

My .02 cents is that they actually do very little on that PDI check sheet and then check all the boxes off. The ski's come mostly assembled and with oil so maybe they put on the handle bars, a gallon or two of gas and install the battery. If something is loose or out of place, staring the tech in the face he will take care of it but I seriously doubt that most check over each item on that sheet..I am sure there are exceptionsbut for the most part.

The kid who did the PDI on my ski was still in high school with peach fuzz on his face.

+1
    I am sure mine just says he does the check list, warranty is not worth as much as the paper its written on, the dealer is very selective at what is warranty and what isn't. I am now doing it all myself, thanks to rrated for stocking all the tools and parts.very well done on their behalf......
    Last edited by JET250; 06-11-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: ;-]

25 Hour Service

So, I took my ski to the dealer for the 25 hour service and when I got there they told me that it's "unnecessary" to do a service until 100 hours. They told me they did the checklist for the 25 hours service during my first service.

I got my oil changed at 13 hours, and they told me it didn't need to be changed until 100 hours.

Does this make any sense??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SE TX Rider View Post
    So, I took my ski to the dealer for the 25 hour service and when I got there they told me that it's "unnecessary" to do a service until 100 hours. They told me they did the checklist for the 25 hours service during my first service.

I got my oil changed at 13 hours, and they told me it didn't need to be changed until 100 hours.

no way, if it smells like it usually is....

Quote Originally Posted by SE TX Rider View Post

Don't just walk away from you dealer, but RUN like some is shooting at you. I cannot believe a dealer would even make a comment like that. Just get you owners manual and look at it and it well tell how ofter your ski should be serviced and what is to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    Don't just walk away from you dealer, but RUN like some is shooting at you. I cannot believe a dealer would even make a comment like that. Just get you owners manual and look at it and it well tell how ofter your ski should be serviced and what is to be done.
    I specifically told him that the reason why I was here was for the 25 hour service. He said..."Do you have your owners manual?" I said, "Hell yea". I went to my truck, turned it to the exact page as I walked back in and showed him. His face was blank. And he said, "We've already done all of this on your first service." I said, "Then where is my invoice for the first service?" He printed one out and all it had said on it was replaced oil filter and changed oil.

I HIGHLY doubt that they checked EVERY thing that is stated on the 25 hour section of the maintenance chart.
    Last edited by SE TX Rider; 06-17-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information