+1

Small Problem on the lake

I look my 2008 GTI SE 155 out to the lake today, I have a little over 6 hours on it now. I had a problem with sea weed all day, I had to stop numerous times to pull it out. Also, the spotter was telling me that there was white smoke coming out the exhaust when there was sea weed stuck. I was pulling a tube for a while and I stopped the engine because the rider feel off. When I put the key back in, there were the 2 short beeps and then 1 long beep. After that, the world "Engine" showed on the display and the engine temp. light came on. I stopped the ski and removed the seat cover to cool the engine. I waited 5 minutes and it was fine the rest of the day. Could this have been from the sea weed, extreme heat we are experiencing in the Northeast, or because I was pulling a tube? A combination? Or something worse? Let me know what you think. Thanks!!

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    I bet seaweed was the problem. I ran my RXP around Key West last year and sucked up a bunch of that crap. Never overheated because of the closed loop cooling I guess, but it wouldn't run until I cleared the intake grate out. So we just got the crap out of there and went ocean side.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    I look my 2008 GTI SE 155 out to the lake today, I have a little over 6 hours on it now. I had a problem with sea weed all day, I had to stop numerous times to pull it out. Also, the spotter was telling me that there was white smoke coming out the exhaust when there was sea weed stuck. I was pulling a tube for a while and I stopped the engine because the rider feel off. When I put the key back in, there were the 2 short beeps and then 1 long beep. After that, the world "Engine" showed on the display and the engine temp. light came on. I stopped the ski and removed the seat cover to cool the engine. I waited 5 minutes and it was fine the rest of the day. Could this have been from the sea weed, extreme heat we are experiencing in the Northeast, or because I was pulling a tube? A combination? Or something worse? Let me know what you think. Thanks!!
    Flush your ski well on the hose and try to say outta the seaweed. You most likely sucked up some seaweed and overheaded. No biggie but make sure to check your oil level is correct and your oil is the right color.

Alex

+1
    ok, thanks for the help!!

Thread Information