Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Last Minute Advice on RXPX Purchase

Hello all,

I found a dealer in VA that will provide me with:

1)08 RXPX w/cover, fire ext, whistle, tie downs, letters, title, tax
    2)trade in my 08 Load Rite for a double 08 Load Rite trailer

for.....12.5K out the door!

I will certainly provide the dealer name at request.

My question is...is there anything I need to do to this thing other than the usual break in and 10 hour jazz. I thought I read something about the hoses blowing off??

Secondly, I own an 07 RXT and am getting 7850 rpm out of her. I weigh 250 pounds and the temperature has been in the mid 90s with horrible humidity. I have also been using 87 octane gas. I have 27 hours on the machine and have done all the work myself such as oil change and winterizing...however, I have yet to replace the ceramic washers. Is 7850 a descent number given the above?

Any other thoughts or advice on the above will be much appreciated??

Thanks,
    Jeff

PS I should be on the water with my new RXPX tomorrow afternoon!!!!! Yeehaw!

Just make sure the recall for the exhaust clamps has been done. They didn't mail anything to tell me about it, but when I brought it in for the 10hr service, they replaced them.

+1
    Get the latest production VIN number ski that they have.
    I think thats a good OTD price. Ask for $8000 for your ski and have him throw in a neoprene life vest.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXTJeff View Post
    Hello all,

I found a dealer in VA that will provide me with:

1)08 RXPX w/cover, fire ext, whistle, tie downs, letters, title, tax
    2)trade in my 08 Load Rite for a double 08 Load Rite trailer

for.....12.5K out the door!

I will certainly provide the dealer name at request.

My question is...is there anything I need to do to this thing other than the usual break in and 10 hour jazz. I thought I read something about the hoses blowing off??

Secondly, I own an 07 RXT and am getting 7850 rpm out of her. I weigh 250 pounds and the temperature has been in the mid 90s with horrible humidity. I have also been using 87 octane gas. I have 27 hours on the machine and have done all the work myself such as oil change and winterizing...however, I have yet to replace the ceramic washers. Is 7850 a descent number given the above?

Any other thoughts or advice on the above will be much appreciated??

Thanks,
    Jeff

PS I should be on the water with my new RXPX tomorrow afternoon!!!!! Yeehaw!

My 05 rxt was running 7980-7990 with the riva Stage 1 kit. Two recommendations: run at least 91 octane, and yes change the washers.

There was also a fuel vent hose issue/recall. Mine has 14 hours and I've GPS'd at 69.6 at 8040 rpms bone stock, very mild wave action. I have received the R&D grate and hopefully will try that out this weekend. All I can offer is be VERY careful of water depth at speed! These pumps will suck up small pets, children etc. Have fun.
    Oh yea....what dealer? Ruckersville? Mineral? Richmond?

Jeff, I'd be interested in the #'s you get with your RXPX. Being in the 240lb club also.....Not the coolest club to be in but if we sit on something its not going anywhere

My RXPX has 24hours and has hit 8k [email protected] 3hours (cold as crap out) It has not broke7900 since. With a R+D grate and block offs Shark can still take me with a stock ski....

Shark, our local told me 2 1/2 weeks for a water test. (thats dropping it off)....... A few days to reset the Maint

You probably know this already. When I pickeup up my RXP-X the dealer told me to break it in using the learning key. Don't do it. I was reading on here about pistons sealing within the first hour. So maker sure you open her up briefly after you warm her up real good. I'm ticked... I used the learner key for the first 2 hours.

Follow up and answers to various questions

WOW..the RXPX rocked my world today! My heart is still pounding! The damn thing will come out of the water from a dead stop on flat water and I am 250 lb!! The words rocket or submarine constantly ran through my adrenaline filled brain today. My heart is still pounding!

Thanks to all for the tips. I did find out that the hose and clamp issues were already taken care of and yes I was definitely aware of how to break it in thanks to this website. I was able to get three hours out of her today and I hope to put 3 or 4 more on tomorrow. I saw 7900 rpm max and a reading of 70 mph on the crappy speedometer. Of course I was only able to burst for a max of 3 seconds.

In terms of the dealer, I pitted Coleman in Woodbridge against Fredericksburg Motor Sports and FMS won the deal! Its amazing how low these guys will go when you get them to compete against each other for your business and you have the cash waiting to roll. I will provide more details to those who would be interested in similiar deals.

In terms of the RXT, I was 3/4 full of 87 and topped it off with 93 today. The temperature was high 80's and we had lower humidity. Given the above, my RXT cranked out 7950 rpms today. A full 100 rpm improvement. Hmmm, so was it the 93??

And finally, now that I have two machines, I think I will spend some time real soon pulling the SC on the 07 RXT and sending it to Jerry. Or maybe I just might try to do the whole thing myself! Hell..I got all summer to waste....sucks being a professor!!

Peace out!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by dog paw View Post
    Jeff, I'd be interested in the #'s you get with your RXPX. Being in the 240lb club also.....Not the coolest club to be in but if we sit on something its not going anywhere

My RXPX has 24hours and has hit 8k [email protected] 3hours (cold as crap out) It has not broke7900 since. With a R+D grate and block offs Shark can still take me with a stock ski....

Shark, our local told me 2 1/2 weeks for a water test. (thats dropping it off)....... A few days to reset the Maint
    LOL.. the 240lb club. I'm in the 335lb club! The ski is fast, and will only get faster as it breaks in (in my experince so far).

I just hit 8 hours yesterday, and I will say that something definitly happens at 8 hours. I gained RPMs and accel for sure @ 8 hours... a little history;

1.)Brand new, 2 hour mark gave me [email protected], 3/4 tank, 80degree air, 68 degree water, with a 1 foot chop at 872ft. above sea level

2.)5 hours (almost 6) - [email protected] 3/4 tank, ~93 deg air, 80deg water (smooth, maybe 6" chop) at 884 ft. above sea-level

3.)7 hours (right before GPS low-battery warning started) - [email protected], 3/4 tank, ~88 deg. air, 78deg. water w/6" wind chop at 877 ft.

30 minutes or so later, it turned 8 hours and something definitly happened... it sits at a solid 7960-7980RPMs on a top speed run now (all of the sudden... while I'm riding it), and the accelleration, especially from like a 35mph punch has definitly increased. In fact, the increase in accell took me by suprise and made me think to look at the hour meter which now said 8 hours. The GPS would not power back up, but I know it was going faster up top too... it just felt different. That stock intake grate causes an increased vibration as you get above 65mph... the more above 65, the more "vibration". This is the "feel" I'm talking about.

WOW... I just typed way too much... not hi-jacking I swear.

-=Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by RXTJeff View Post
    ...however, I have yet to replace the ceramic washers. Is 7850 a descent number given the above?
    Congrats on your purchase!! You will love it!!
    Stop!! Don't ride the 07 again until you replace the ceramic washers. A lot of 07 skis lost the ceramic washers early. You will be in a mess if they go out on you, even under warranty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information