Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: take off

  1. #1

    take off

    Hi guys im new at this I had a question about my 96 polaris sl 780. When I get in the water and get ready to take off it gets up slow but when i hit a wave it opens up and runs fine and it does this everytime cold or hot.. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it or if you know whats going on..thanks


  2. #2
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Posts
    6,381
    +1
    23
    Could be a couple of things,1. Could be the carbs are out of adjustment.The lows speed jets,or plugged. 2. Might be as simple as plug wires are at fault. Try removing the boots and trimming 1/4" off the boot side.

    PS. welcome to the Hulk!

  3. #3
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by dino26 View Post
    Hi guys im new at this I had a question about my 96 polaris sl 780. When I get in the water and get ready to take off it gets up slow but when i hit a wave it opens up and runs fine and it does this everytime cold or hot.. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it or if you know whats going on..thanks
    Hi dino, start with the basics, what's compression and how old are the plugs??

  4. #4

    ok

    Thats what I was thinking cause it was back firing and its running rich..

    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Could be a couple of things,1. Could be the carbs are out of adjustment.The lows speed jets,or plugged. 2. Might be as simple as plug wires are at fault. Try removing the boots and trimming 1/4" off the boot side.

    PS. welcome to the Hulk!

  5. #5
    I change the plugs like every fourth trip to the lake..

  6. #6
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Posts
    6,381
    +1
    23
    The boots unscrew,Do run a compression check like AL said. You might also want to check the coils with a ohm meter.You can download the service manual for the ski from this site.

  7. #7
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,328
    +1
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by dino26 View Post
    I change the plugs like every fourth trip to the lake..
    Welcome to the Hulk Dino.

    Why is this? I've never had to change my plugs yet. Are they oil fouled or wet from fuel, or carboned up?

  8. #8
    I really dont know it dont make a different.
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk Dino.

    Why is this? I've never had to change my plugs yet. Are they oil fouled or wet from fuel, or carboned up?

  9. #9
    i do that and ill check the coils..thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Taking off the impeller cone
    By Hecyan in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 11:18 PM
  2. RPM and Take off Question
    By meeper in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 11:10 PM
  3. T minus 1 week till take off
    By Totallyblown in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 11:10 PM
  4. How to take off the front part of the OEM intake.....
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 04:54 PM
  5. Set Button came off and loosing take off speed!
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •