Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXP X intake grate choices

Fellas,

Due to cracking my stock intake grate, I need to know what is the best aftermarket grate to buy?

Riva?
    R&D?
    others?

Quote Originally Posted by surfsupcharlie View Post
    Fellas,

Due to cracking my stock intake grate, I need to know what is the best aftermarket grate to buy?

Riva?
    R&D?
    others?
    How did you break a stock RXP-X grate? They look much more substantial than the aftermarket grates... Ron

I went with an R&D intake grate... I was told they were built better than the RIVA one's... I just put the grate on yesterday afternoon so i won;t be able to test the grate til this sunday...

i heard they are better built and trust me they are. atleast they wont bend in the mail like someones on here did. hookup is awesome and the ski just stick to the water but one problem. cavitation. maybe if you were to cut the wings off it, it would reduce cavitation. its only at the very start when hooking up.

hit a rock at low tide, one of the veins is bent and has a crack right through it, cheap alloy sea doo!

How bad is the Cavitation with the R&D Grate. How noticeable off the line in a straight line test is it compared to the stock grate or the Worx Grate.

What do you recommend running as a good all around grate the Worx or the R&D?

R&D is coming out with a new grate for the X. I heard it's going to be geared more towards closed course setups. Should be interesting to see how the cavitation issue is resolved.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ABUZ View Post
    How bad is the Cavitation with the R&D Grate. How noticeable off the line in a straight line test is it compared to the stock grate or the Worx Grate.

From all the reading that I have done, the Worx has better hook up in chop than the others but the R&D is the fastest. I could be totally wrong though. There is another post or 2 with some real good comparisons so do some reading.

I just installed the R&D grate and have no other mods yet. I only put an hour on it and the water was flat to light chop. I could not tell any difference in hook up or hole shot, but I picked up right at 3 mph.
    I love the fact that for less than $150.00 you can bolt on 3 mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ABUZ View Post

Haven't noticed much of any cav issues with the R&D grate compared to the Riva. Could be the way we are modding the props tho.

+1
    My R&D cavitates right at the start when nailing the throttle from idle. The ski will usually hit the rev limiter 1 time and cavitate for 1-2 seconds afterword and then it hooks up good. Hook up in the chop yesterday was better then I expected and only came unhooked when going downwind. With that being said, I've seen 2 posts that the worx was better in the chop and ran .7 mph faster then the R&D for both people. Both also stated the "ride" was much better.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information