Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar

Exclamation RXP-X R&D New Products and Old

Please Everyone give Pro's and Con's to these products please. These are for the X Boat so I know not much is known. But I figure we could talk about it.

http://www.rd-performance.com/newPro...adoo/rxp-x.asp

Performer Kit.....YEA OK.......

http://www.rd-performance.com/perfor.../performer.asp

My Main thoughts are on some of these products are the supercharger parts and the pump parts.
    Last edited by phoenixcustoms; 06-11-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Banned User
    +1
    I ordered the stage 1, or performance kit for my RXT-X. I hasn't shown up yet as I ordered it Monday. What specifically do you want to know about the kit or parts???

Bill, the owner of R&D turns out to be my neighbor. He lives around the corner from me, and we've talked on the phone. He's going to take me out and let me ride both his RXT-X "mule", and his FX-SHO "mule", here on Lake Havasu.

If there's a specific question you want me to ask him, PM me. There a lot of research and devlopement going on here in Lake Havasu that isn't for the public yet, until its perfected.

Bill is extremely knowledgeable. I've been into PWC's for more than 30 years, and in asking him some questions it appears he really know his stuff. He's got a lot of great ideas he's working on for the X ski's, and the SHO.

BTW, the website is kinda a mess right now. It appears they don't have pricing on some items just yet, or they haven't updated the website. When I talked to them on Monday they had all the parts in stock for the stage 1 kit, but your better off just calling R&D and asking about a certain item your interested in.

Stay tuned for my ride report on my stage 1 when its done, and also on the R&D "mule" T-X.
    Last edited by iflyems; 06-11-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I ordered the stage 1, or performance kit for my RXT-X. I hasn't shown up yet as I ordered it Monday. What specifically do you want to know about the kit or parts???

Bill, the owner of R&D turns out to be my neighbor. He lives around the corner from me, and we've talked on the phone. He's going to take me out and let me ride both his RXT-X "mule", and his FX-SHO "mule", here on Lake Havasu.

If there's a specific question you want me to ask him, PM me. There a lot of research and devlopement going on here in Lake Havasu that isn't for the public yet, until its perfected.

Bill is extremely knowledgeable. I've been into PWC's for more than 30 years, and in asking him some questions it appears he really know his stuff. He's got a lot of great ideas he's working on for the X ski's, and the SHO.

BTW, the website is kinda a mess right now. It appears they don't have pricing on some items just yet, or they haven't updated the website. When I talked to them on Monday they had all the parts in stock for the stage 1 kit, but your better off just calling R&D and asking about a certain item your interested in.

Stay tuned for my ride report on my stage 1 when its done, and also on the R&D "mule" T-X.
    Thanks Man......See I have been doing this for years to and I am just not as familiar with Sea Doo as I am with Kawi and Honda.

Just trying to make shure that these parts Like pump cone and etc. are really worth it due o the fact that a lot of sea doo people are not running these things.

Banned User
    +1
    Just got back from talking to Bill at R&D. What he does is test everything personally at Lake Havasu. He makes sure all the parts work together and produce the desired results. The website has been, or should be updated a bit. You will see two different part numbers for the P-X and T-X, but thats just for their inventory control, they are usually the exact same parts.

He goes out and uses a Data Logger, and determines the A/F ratio, boost, and acceleration for a particular modification, then tries something different, until he's satisfied he's gotten the most out of the ski.

I should have my parts in sometime next week. Remember though that if your ski went say 68mph two months ago when it was cooler, don't expect to get 7 or 8mph gain over that in the summer months when its hot. Not gonna happen. As the air temperature goes up, the density of the air decreases, so you won't see as big a numbers, but you will probably get close to 5mph increase, with the heat.

Going riding with him tomorrow to test out some stuff thats not for sale yet......stay tuned.

Man thanks for the update.....Yea keep me updated. I am interested and anything you cant say here PM me I can keep a secret as I am looking to MOD soon but funds were lower than expected so Having to do some begging and what not for some help on this project.

+1
    Interesting they are using a 14/24 solas impeller. I have not seen anyone try that yet on an X.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    Interesting they are using a 14/24 solas impeller. I have not seen anyone try that yet on an X.
    beach bum, what are you refering to them trying. I am confused, as the stock prop is 14/24 on the X.

Banned User
    +1
    They are actually repitching the Solas prop specifically for the X. I don't remember what the actual pitch was, but it wasn't 14/24, thats just the way the prop shows up on the site. I was thinking it was 13/23 or something like that.
    I'll know more in about a week when mine gets repitched. If I see Bill tomorrow, I'll ask.

any info.....

Banned User
    +1
    /
    Last edited by iflyems; 06-21-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information