Thread: Intro

Talking Intro

Hey Guys, I have kinda been lurking here for a few days just reading up. bought my first boat monday. 08 150 speedster 215hp. lots of valuable info here. I plan on hanging around this forum for a while. I know the mod bug will come quickly for me so thanks a ton for the help already given and thanks in advance for mod advice

Lakeland, FL
    Welcome! Learn from our mistakes; if only I knew what I know now when I started modding....

What's your local?

vx1 whats your speed upto and what the best bang for the buck that youve tested and proven so far?

New Jersey Attitude Capital of the World
    The first thing I would do is pull the SC and make sure there;s metal washers in there insted of ceramics. I herd some boats came threw with ceramics.

Lakeland, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by atom1234
    vx1 whats your speed upto and what the best bang for the buck that youve tested and proven so far?
    I think a good 4" air intake is always going to be the best bang for the buck. The XS intercooler setup, at around $300 - $400, would be next, although in the summer months when the water gets to 90F+ degrees, it really loses a good portion of its effectiveness. A Solas prop would be next, and a drop-in SC wheel after that, but having gone from the Green wheel, to the S3 SC, and the Rude, I'll tell you that it's hard to just stay satisfied with a just drop-in wheel. I really only paid about $600 for my stereo system, and it sounds amazing, so that's a good bang for the buck too.

I'm running 60.5mph in the heat. I've got my boat torn apart right now, because I'm redo-ing about everything. The SC needs shimmed, building a thru-hull exhaust, reconfiguring the IC to make it more effective, tapping a dedicated port for the RRFPR in the IC blockoff, installing a second battery system, repairing a broken pump shoe, installing a new prop and adjustable venturi... whew, hope to have some better results then. I bought an X-model R&D exhaust extender that comes with an O2 bung, and I'm waiting for the new LM-2 AFR meters to come out, so I'll be able to check my air/fuel ratio soon.

hey VX not to far from you I am in Jacksonville Florida. I plan to do most of my boating between Nassau sound and fort george. more than likely some in Doctors lake. Thanks for the best bang for the buck stuff I had been planning on asking that to.

Thread Information