Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Raider Carb Help "dang Carbs

so i took it out to break the new engine in today and she ran great at top speed but at low idle speed she bogs and pops IT ALSO STARTS HARD the carbs are rebuilt but not the fuel pump could this be my problem (fuel pump)OR JUST NOT ADJUSTED RIGHT? also i have a 95 tigershark it ran fine last year and this year i found water in my oil filter so i removed it and went premix and now it bogs bad and it looks like its dumping a lot of gas in the carb at low speed until it gains speed then its fine until i slow down (DO I NEED TO REBUILD? THANKS...TONY

well if it runs good wot it's not the pump and craft 2 sounds like a leaky needle and seat

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    well if it runs good wot it's not the pump and craft 2 sounds like a leaky needle and seat
    so should i keep adj until its smooth idle? is their an easier way ? its just pissing me off

What did u set the needles to? back were the were or book? how did it run before?

What did u set the needles to? back were the were or book? how did it run before?
    i set them to book it ran kinda the same before but not as much rough idle could it be my mix iam at 32to 1 for the break in

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    It could definately be the rich break in gas. Run that out, clean or change the plugs and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    It could definately be the rich break in gas. Run that out, clean or change the plugs and see what happens.
    thanks guys i will be going out in the next day or so to GPS the ski and put fresh gas in and i will be back with the results

I wouldn't be forcing tops speed gps runs until you get back on the normal ratio , even then if it doesn't want to do it ( hesitates) get the carbs dialed in first , remember rich is better than lean as a starting point

I wouldn't be forcing tops speed gps runs until you get back on the normal ratio , even then if it doesn't want to do it ( hesitates) get the carbs dialed in first , remember rich is better than lean as a starting point
    (just keeping u posted) so it was raining today but it will be sunny Saturday and i i will be back with the results

Bummer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information