Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2008 Kawasaki STX-15F Speed?

When I go out on my ski I have 13 hours on it, just opened it up for the first time the speedometer says 70, is this right?

+1
    Sorry, but the answer is no. That is the very reason that they are called dreamometers. Get a gps and you will find your top speed to be 60-62 mph.

thanks thats what i thought, i raced a seadoo 215hp rxt and smoked it, so i dont know how fast that goes but i smoked it by at least 3 jetski lengths.

I amazed how many kawis are smoking rxp's and rxt's....I ride with 6 other guys and they all have rxp's and rxt's and they smoke me everytime on my stxr, something must be wrong with mine. I know you have a stx15f but the stxr is as fast as it but I get smoked...

don't get used to smoking RXP/T's the guy was a noob or something they have 3-6 stock mph on us....sorry just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTXR View Post
    I amazed how many kawis are smoking rxp's and rxt's....I ride with 6 other guys and they all have rxp's and rxt's and they smoke me everytime on my stxr, something must be wrong with mine. I know you have a stx15f but the stxr is as fast as it but I get smoked...

It depends on what they are running and the water conditions. The 02 STXR I had with nothing but handling mods would pull away from RXP's in rough water, it did it in several cc races but conditions must be correct. If its smooth your dead and they will NOT handle with you, period, but you must have some handling stuff or they will.

It's all about the water. I have a 250x and I have not been beat yet. The lakes I ride at are rough. The fastest thing I raced was a stxr (with some mods). The rxp's I have raced got smoked. The rxt was a close secound to the stxr (with mods). If you always ride in the rough don't worry about what the speed is GPS or dreamometer. What counts is whos in the front.

I ride in a river (Niagara) near buffalo to exact and lake erie, Im starting to race a lot more jetskis and im finding out that my jetski the 15F is so much faster then a lot out there, im going to race that new seadoo the one that is 255hp in 2 days.

I rode a BONE STOCK 08' 15F 2day i was really shocked at how good the holeshot and midrange was on this ski..I've ridden a modded 15f so i expected it..but from this BONE STOCK ski it was unbelievable

+1
    hmmmm could it be all in the hole shot you get???? I have some friends that have the rxt and rxp and another one who has the p-x. Now the only thing I have done to date is installed a keel guard, nothing else. I ran the p-x, both with gps and took him by 1.5 mph.Now it did help that i had 3 bars left of fuel, but thats it. Both ski's appeared to be dead even when we went by our friends sitting out in the lake. This took place on Greers Ferry lake where the Little Red river spills out. The water temp is almost a constant 68 to 70 degrees as its an underground spring fed river out of the ozark mountians. I ran 67.5 and his was 66mph. Its not much but then again 1.5mph is what it is. Oh yeah almost forgot.. mine is an 07 with around 12 hours on it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information