Page 1 of 234 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    +1

JPEConsult's 185 build

2005 GTXSC Stage I, 4" air intake.

Four weeks ago I was running 65.8 GPS on the 3" Riva power filter, just before I added the 4" air intake. 3 weeks ago, I installed the 4" Kanaflex/SS filter air intake with siliconintakes 4"-3" 90 into the SC. I lost 100-200 RPM from 7800 to 7600.

Yesterday I aded the Greenwheel as per instructions. I read the instructions very carefully, several times before moving to the next step. I took the ski out this evening and approx one minute of riding, and the high temp alert came on. I shut the machine down and removed rear seat to find the J pipe steaming. I saw where I had not connected the lhose between the J pipe and the manifold. Luckily I limped back to shore (only a couple hundred feet) and got my screwdriver and fastened the clamps on that hose.

This fixed the high temp prob, but I noticed I had a lot of water in the bilge. I made two short runs to get max RPMs and got 62.8 GPS at 7350 steady on RPMs. I got the occassional 7300 and 7400, but the 7350 was pretty steady.

I had some recent feedback about losing RPM from heat fade, but I should have gotten some with the 4" air...now what? I thought I should have gotten RPM from the Greenwheel. What gives? Any suggestions?

By the way. The Greenwheel was installed flawlessly, and there was no slipping when I tried to turn the wheel while installed.

Any and all help is appreciated. I am trying to get at least my original GPS/RPMs for Mudbug. I am thinking I should have waited until after MB. Shucks! --Jeremy

I don't know what to tell you, you should be seeing better than that.

The filter...for peace of mind?....'cause...it could be reducing the benny's from the 4"....I ran a fiberglass window screen across mine...for a year almost..no prob....I only saw a 50+rpm increase...not the reported 100+ w the 4"

How hot is it at your place...water?....go through all your post run inspections...ie pump clear...ect?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    2005 GTXSC Stage I, 4" air intake.

Four weeks ago I was running 65.8 GPS on the 3" Riva power filter, just before I added the 4" air intake. 3 weeks ago, I installed the 4" Kanaflex/SS filter air intake with siliconintakes 4"-3" 90 into the SC. I lost 100-200 RPM from 7800 to 7600.

Yesterday I aded the Greenwheel as per instructions. I read the instructions very carefully, several times before moving to the next step. I took the ski out this evening and approx one minute of riding, and the high temp alert came on. I shut the machine down and removed rear seat to find the J pipe steaming. I saw where I had not connected the lhose between the J pipe and the manifold. Luckily I limped back to shore (only a couple hundred feet) and got my screwdriver and fastened the clamps on that hose.

This fixed the high temp prob, but I noticed I had a lot of water in the bilge. I made two short runs to get max RPMs and got 62.8 GPS at 7350 steady on RPMs. I got the occassional 7300 and 7400, but the 7350 was pretty steady.

I had some recent feedback about losing RPM from heat fade, but I should have gotten some with the 4" air...now what? I thought I should have gotten RPM from the Greenwheel. What gives? Any suggestions?

By the way. The Greenwheel was installed flawlessly, and there was no slipping when I tried to turn the wheel while installed.

Any and all help is appreciated. I am trying to get at least my original GPS/RPMs for Mudbug. I am thinking I should have waited until after MB. Shucks! --Jeremy
    Man i am at a loss. Did you notice any physical differences with the swap. You should of felt some difference. If not then i would think something is wrong. What prop are you trying to run?

How many hours are on your supercharger since a rebuild?

+1
    There is about 20 hours on the SC, sinceI swapped the washers.

I also trued the ride plate to the hull with permatex right stuff this past weekend. I noticed the ride was very smooth. It seemed very slippery compared to normal. I even felt, during a smooth/gliding turn, the ski catch, like some say the OPAS catches. Mine have the comp block ups.

The impeller is the 13/20r which comes in the GTXSC Stage I kit.

I think the holeshot was very similar to the pre-Greenwheel conditions, however, it seemed to plane off quicker. It was overall a VERY smooth ride.

Also, after parking the ski in the garage, I pulled the seats off to release the heat, and it was extremely hot. Is it possible that I had just extreme heat inthe engine compartment that would cause this? Do you think it started BEFORE the greenwheel swap with the RPM reduction or could that have been heat fade?
    Last edited by jpeconsult; 06-11-2008 at 09:49 PM.

+1
    There is slight wear on the wear ring...SLIGHT. Nothing near the sever pictures I have seen on the site. impeller blades look still sharp. Maybe enough cavitation to cause 400 RPM loss?

Guys, I already have the RXT driveshaft, 14/19r impeller and SS wear ring ready to go. Just FYI. I also have a replacement plastic wear ring for the GTX impeller sizes. I am not sure if I should try and find the problem before moving on, or make the mods expecting the best.

+1
    sounds like your supercharger clutch is slipping and getting worse over time.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    It does sound like SC clutch slippage.

Jeremy... to your best recollection, what were the air/water temperatures four weeks ago, and what were they today? Add the effects of a significant temperature increase to the degradation caused by a slipping SC clutch and you could easily see this kind of reduction in RPM and speed.

Oh... and were you running that 13/20 four weeks ago?
    Last edited by 05Limited; 06-11-2008 at 10:45 PM.

+1
    yes...I am have running the 13/20 since September. So is it just coincidence it started after the 4" air intake? Dealer in Tyler,TX said the SC was very tight, and I could not budge the Greenwheel besides a slight jiggle...no play in it to speak of. I understand that I do not want to be able to turn the SC at all. The SC washers were bought directly fom Riva (before I found this site) and were the newest super-duper woppers that were being released. In fact, I am supposed to have one of the first sets. , per Bryan in Parts/Service at Riva.

What an aweful time to have this, eh? So is it everyones conclusion that I should not ride this thing until the washers are replaced, AGAIN? I guess this means no MB riding for me. I was planning on driving my 3 hours Friday after work...Is it possible to get some washers and some help Friday evening/night? I will not have a bench vise. I have everything else.

Sucks monkey nuts! I was really looking forward to going this weekend. Can anyone save me? I don't want to be added to the "wussy" thread in the MB section. lol.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    ...I don't want to be added to the "wussy" thread in the MB section. lol.
    ... Jeremy, I too feared being labeled a "MB Wussy" when I had to cancel.

Page 1 of 234 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information