Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking So Fla Riders @ Gilberts Resort Key Largo

Staying at GILBERTS RESORT ( http://gilbertsresort.com/ ) for 4th of July there still rooms available $ 125.00/night Friday, Saturday, Sunday

3 SO FLA RIDERS members so far plus others non members

MAKE YOUR RESERVATION EVERYONE IS WELCOME
    Last edited by Nelsito; 06-11-2008 at 09:28 PM.

I have a house in tavernier so keep me posted if you guys ride, Ill be there from friday to sunday. Probs sat and sunday Ill be at the sandbar in islamorada, but Ill be down to meet up if you guys want.

that will be great because i don't knoe how to get to the sandbar at isalamorada from Gilbert's , I already have reservation ( 3 rooms ) so if nothing mayor come in the middle I'll be there will keep you posted

No problem, be glad to help out a fellow member, plus more riding time haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsito View Post
    that will be great because i don't knoe how to get to the sandbar at isalamorada from Gilbert's , I already have reservation ( 3 rooms ) so if nothing mayor come in the middle I'll be there will keep you posted
    You mean you don't have a chart?!?!
    It's easy, head south to either Admas Cut or through Tavernier, Snake or Whale Harbor channel. Stay south of the Intracoastal markers, to the north is Everglades National Park, no PWCs!!
    Whale Harbor Channel is what the sandbar is on. Adams cut brings you to Largo Sound where Pennekamp is. That's a looooong no wake ride. Tavernier Creek is the next chance to get to the ocean side, has a somewhat long no wake zone. Snake Creek is where Smugglers Cove is and also has a no wake zone. Best bet, Whale Harbor Channel, it has the shortest no wake zone, and the no wake zone IS the sandbar! If you guys are on land on the 4th, check out the 'most awesome' Key Largo 4th of July Parade. I'll be driving one of the work trucks in it, woo hoo....LOL So I won't be on the water Friday. I'll go out one day during the weekend to meet up with you guys.

Forgot to mention the beach at Gilberts is in Everglades National Park boundaries too. The beach or more specifically the water, is north of the Intracoastal. I don't know anyone who ever got harassed for being in that area though.

can some one post or get hold of a map of where to ride and not in the keys???!!

Quote Originally Posted by PiRiPi View Post
    can some one post or get hold of a map of where to ride and not in the keys???!!
    It's not that bad. When you're on the bay side anything north of the Intracoastal is Everglades National Park. The Intracoastal is somewhat well marked. Off of Plantation Key the Intracoastal has some bends and twists to it, a chart would def help there though. The markers are far apart and not in the same direction. Once you get past Long Key, it's OK, that's the south eastern boundary off Everglades NP. Other than that it's just the usually marked no motor zones. I assume you know about Key Biscayne Nation Park. I'll see what I can do for a map.

I'll be here this weekend with 3 more skies

http://gilbertsresort.com/

There are a bunch of guys from jacksonville that will be in the keys this weekend... You guys should try to hook up with them...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information