Slow out of the hole

I just bought an 05 rxp from a buddy. He neglected it last year. This year the supercharger failed and he had the dealer install an OEM rebuild. It is all stock and tops out at 70 no problem but out of the hole it winds out and has slow take off. Can someone tell me if that is supercharger clutch slippage or would it be damage or wear to the wear ring. There is no slip at high speed.

+1
    To me it seems like you need a new wear ring.

thanks for helping. i think you're right. i think i'll go with the stainless one tho.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRacer View Post
    I just bought an 05 rxp from a buddy. He neglected it last year. This year the supercharger failed and he had the dealer install an OEM rebuild. It is all stock and tops out at 70 no problem but out of the hole it winds out and has slow take off. Can someone tell me if that is supercharger clutch slippage or would it be damage or wear to the wear ring. There is no slip at high speed.
    I would be more interested in knowing if the ceramic SC washers failed. And if they did fail, did the dealer cleanout the ceramic debris. If not, you are riding a timebomb... Ron

Actually, the washers didn't fail. It was the key that locks the gear onto the shaft. I also asked him if the replacement supercharger has metal washers. He's telling me yes but I'm thinking hmmmmm....... He also says that it was a new sc and not a rebuild. I think I'd rather it be a rebuild. But an interesting note is that the original sc had metal washers in it. I have known this boat since it was purchased brand new so I know it was never worked on before. I thought the million dollar question was why doesnt sea doo sell them new with metal washers? I'm thinking I need to pull it and send it to Jerry and beef it up anyway. Might be the place to start my mods. Suggestions anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRacer View Post
    Actually, the washers didn't fail. It was the key that locks the gear onto the shaft. I also asked him if the replacement supercharger has metal washers. He's telling me yes but I'm thinking hmmmmm....... He also says that it was a new sc and not a rebuild. I think I'd rather it be a rebuild. But an interesting note is that the original sc had metal washers in it. I have known this boat since it was purchased brand new so I know it was never worked on before. I thought the million dollar question was why doesnt sea doo sell them new with metal washers? I'm thinking I need to pull it and send it to Jerry and beef it up anyway. Might be the place to start my mods. Suggestions anyone?
    I think that will be money well spent for piece of mind... Ron

Good idea! Making sure your supercharger is bullet proof is a must do.

Thread Information