My neighbor almost cut his thumb off

I just want to let everyone know to be extra careful out there this summer when working in the yard, and using the power tools. My neighbor and me were trimming back some trees in both of our yards this morning with the chainsaw. We were taking our time, being extra careful, taking every precaution we could think of, we thought. We just tend to get overly confident with ourselves and our power tools. Of course the things have brakes on them for a reason, but this is where one can get lazy. He did not put the brake on after he cut a limb and was changing the chainsaw to his left hand to get a better support and angle for the next tree limb. The damn thing just tilted ever so slightly when he went to put it in his left hand and almost sheared his thumb right off. He is still at the emergency room at the hospital with his wife. He called me and said that stiches will take care of it. Like I said, a chain saw is no toy and better be given the utmost respect and care when using.

+1
    oooooh damn! Be careful out there guys.

+1

Cool

cutting one inch aluminum plate with a worm saw and it grabbed once, threw my clean on my back.

Red: Hope you bud does OK...PR...

Thank God, I don`t have to do any yard work at this place!...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Red: Hope you bud does OK...PR...

Thank God, I don`t have to do any yard work at this place!...
    That is a good thing Andy. I have lots of trees and plenty of yard work that keeps me busy. He got back a little while ago and escaped with only 8 stitches....Once they took one look the docs told him it was a chain saw accident before he could even tell them. If the cut had been 1/16th of an inch deeper it would have been a hole new ball game. I never really paid much attention to the teeth on a chain saw but it can definately mangle some skin...

Red: When I was in High School, a Dude was cutting up timbers and the saw kicked up and whacked him in the forehead That was ugly! I saw the scars from the stiches later...

Yeah, since this is a Townhouse community, I don`t have to do squat, just kee[ my area clean, they do it all, snow removal, lwan cutting, edging the whole enchilada!...PR...

+1

Talking

I had a condo,,that was the easy life.

Hey Devil, When we get together to ride next time remind me to show you my left knee. Nothing cuts like a Stihl. My dad cut half a finger off on a jointer machine plaining wood and a few years later nicked the numb on the machine again. Your not suppose to pull the saftey guard back.

+1
    Husquavara, Nothing beats it. Can you say 14,500 rpm with a sqare tooth chain...

Thread Information