Vibrating WaterBox???

Hi guys, I have GreenHulks shorty waterbox installed on my ski, and I've noticed that at idle there is a vibration coming from where it makes contact with the hull. I know some members on here have put a rubber mat of some sort under it. Did you guys get this from a store, or custom make it? Does it have to be heat resistant? Thanks in advance guys!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1086 View Post
    Hi guys, I have GreenHulks shorty waterbox installed on my ski, and I've noticed that at idle there is a vibration coming from where it makes contact with the hull. I know some members on here have put a rubber mat of some sort under it. Did you guys get this from a store, or custom make it? Does it have to be heat resistant? Thanks in advance guys!!
    I copied member "lafjax" idea for quieting some of the hull resonance that came from the GH box. We glued/covered the whole box in that rubber floor fatigue matting material. It's on sale right now at Harbor Freight for $7.99 for a pack of four. It seems to be impervious to heat as I had a high temp issue because I had accidentaly covered the pisser holes during the exhaust install, and the mat material did not suffer. Use this sites search feature for a post by "lafjax" on this. He's got some great pitures of it.

OBJ

Quote Originally Posted by outboard john View Post
    I copied member "lafjax" idea for quieting some of the hull resonance that came from the GH box. We glued/covered the whole box in that rubber floor fatigue matting material. It's on sale right now at Harbor Freight for $7.99 for a pack of four. It seems to be impervious to heat as I had a high temp issue because I had accidentaly covered the pisser holes during the exhaust install, and the mat material did not suffer. Use this sites search feature for a post by "lafjax" on this. He's got some great pitures of it.

OBJ
    Here you go...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49411
    I also glued a pad of the foam to the hull under the water box. You really could do fine with that to eliminate the vibration. I like the covered box but it did not quiet the shorty very much.

Thread Information