Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

So lets talk about the honda's

So rumor has it that honda bought the rights to the tiger shark hull and thats what they are using. We have a turbo charged engine thats putting out 165 horsepower. I have to tell you that ive ridden an r12 and wasnt impressed at all. Bouncy ride, turbo lag out of hole and the top end leaves you wanting lots more. Whats everyone elses opinion on these watercraft?

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    im a huge honda motorcycle fan.

I think if they ever took there watercrafts as serious as there motorcycle and atv that all us sea-doo guys would be in trouble

HRC put alot of pride in there stuff, its just a matter of time before they come out with a compeditive production model pwc.

J3ff
    I have ridden both.

Here's the deal.

Honda's target market is the guy who just wants his crap to run, he doesn't care if it's the fastest, best etc etc etc........he just wants it to run every weekend.

On top of SIPPING gas, my honda seems to be very reliable so far.....

It def is not a speed demon like the RXP/RXT.......but it does the job and god damn it FLYS out of the water for jumps!

+1
    I ride mine almost every day.. They are great rec machines that are very reliable.

The performance can be dramatically improved with some of the products I have available...

+1
    I have had a lot of exposure to Honda ATV's and it seems they are following the same route with PWC's.
    They just come out with a product and stay with it for a long time. It gets refinements along the way but it is easy to stay reliable if you don't do major changes very much.
    It is a smart way to do business and it continues to reward them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidacceleration
    im a huge honda motorcycle fan.

I think if they ever took there watercrafts as serious as there motorcycle and atv that all us sea-doo guys would be in trouble

HRC put alot of pride in there stuff, its just a matter of time before they come out with a compeditive production model pwc.

Their bikes are taking a beating from Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha- what they are offering for sale to the public anyway... Honda may have reliability going for them- but they do not perform- too conservative!

That goes for ATV's, Cycles, and Watercraft.

+1
    By the way... been spending some time on a F-12X. It leaves alot to be desired as well. I like the Kawi better...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Vman was putting it nicely.... we ride alot together, and since his RXT and mine been down a bit, we spent alot of time on a honda f12x (3-seater turbo) and a kawi 15F as well as a RXT with nothing but a power filter.

the RXT will dust the others skis anytime anywhere... doesn't matter where in the RPM range u are, it's just a joke, not even a challenge.

the Honda and 15F seem to have dead on the same top speed.

the honda BLOWS out of the hole and it a nasty ride in ANY chop. it can't take it period. the 15F is nice and crisp out of the hole, and can handle the chop a little better so long as the rider is up to the task. still not a wave crusher like the RXT by any means tho.

Vman, what was the vow you made...? something like "if you told me the honda wont ever ever break and cost 5 grand, i still wouldn't buy it" ..... yea, they are THAT BORING.... but in the mid range when the turbo is much more pro-active it leaves u with something half way entertaining.

don't take this as a personal attack, but some of the honda tuners are awesome tuners and real knowledgable guys, but why dont you EVER hear them post a top speed? they can't compete with a SC'ed 4-tec.

yea... seadoo has reliability issues, i wont tell u otherwise. but the raw power of the SCIC 4-tec is worth it over getting any relaible machine, ESPECIALLY the honda.

honda better do something BIG, and do it fast, or just get out of the industry.

i'm a fan of the 15F... been riding alot of skis lately with an open mind. all the times i've ridden an FX or FX HO, they are boring and they have cup holders on them for a reason. all they need is a magazine rack. the honda is just horrible, both the R and F turbos. never ridden the non-turboes hondas yet. the kawasaki lacks much needed top end, but is very playful, good looking, fun ski, crisp holeshot for a NA motor. the RXP/RXT rule the industry in performance, but leave alot to be desired for handling.

my dream ski.... i wanna drop my 4-tec motor in a 15F hull personally.

+1
    anyone know the rev limit on an 03' R12x turbo??

J3ff
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    Vman was putting it nicely.... we ride alot together, and since his RXT and mine been down a bit, we spent alot of time on a honda f12x (3-seater turbo) and a kawi 15F as well as a RXT with nothing but a power filter.

the RXT will dust the others skis anytime anywhere... doesn't matter where in the RPM range u are, it's just a joke, not even a challenge.

the Honda and 15F seem to have dead on the same top speed.

the honda BLOWS out of the hole and it a nasty ride in ANY chop. it can't take it period. the 15F is nice and crisp out of the hole, and can handle the chop a little better so long as the rider is up to the task. still not a wave crusher like the RXT by any means tho.

Vman, what was the vow you made...? something like "if you told me the honda wont ever ever break and cost 5 grand, i still wouldn't buy it" ..... yea, they are THAT BORING.... but in the mid range when the turbo is much more pro-active it leaves u with something half way entertaining.

don't take this as a personal attack, but some of the honda tuners are awesome tuners and real knowledgable guys, but why dont you EVER hear them post a top speed? they can't compete with a SC'ed 4-tec.

yea... seadoo has reliability issues, i wont tell u otherwise. but the raw power of the SCIC 4-tec is worth it over getting any relaible machine, ESPECIALLY the honda.

honda better do something BIG, and do it fast, or just get out of the industry.

i'm a fan of the 15F... been riding alot of skis lately with an open mind. all the times i've ridden an FX or FX HO, they are boring and they have cup holders on them for a reason. all they need is a magazine rack. the honda is just horrible, both the R and F turbos. never ridden the non-turboes hondas yet. the kawasaki lacks much needed top end, but is very playful, good looking, fun ski, crisp holeshot for a NA motor. the RXP/RXT rule the industry in performance, but leave alot to be desired for handling.

my dream ski.... i wanna drop my 4-tec motor in a 15F hull personally.
    Shibbys problem is he only weighs as much as 14 year old girl.

Get a real man on top of the honda and it'll ride much better

Also - as I said before, all you sea doo top speed freaks will never like the honda. It's just too reliable for you!

Some of us go out for other things than just flat out top speed....

I personally LOVE the rush of Shibbys RXT.......but I can't imagine trying to jump a wave with it, which with the R12 honda is easily achived.

Ps. The Honda is NOT HORRIBLE shibby, you seem to have turned into a sales man or something......

If we're going to have a pissing contest ok.

The RXP is a GAS HOG, the RXT is even worse. What other ski will run 62 - 63 mph while sipping gas?

The RXP is also a floating BARGE, it's larger cousin (RXT) Feels like I just jumped on an OCEAN LINER instead of a ski. I've seen pictures of jumping waves with the RXP/RXT and damn it was NOT pretty. If you want a playfull ski with a 4 stroke without feeling like you just went and bought a boat, the honda is where it's at. The 2 seater honda turbo can FLY out of the water, you just have to have a little skill.

The RXP/RXT storage does not stay water proof - for a guy like myself this is IMPORTANT, when I want to read a book on the islands, I know the honda storage doesnt get wet.

I guess I have to mention that I've heard numerous people have really BAD experiences with their super chargers blowing up on them. I also know that someone here has had the same thing happen. I'm sorry, but when making an 8000 + dollar purchase, I expect hundreads of hours out of that machine. And to hear that guys are blowing up STOCK rxps and having the motors suck up a washer and kill itself DENIES the 4tech engine the status of "industry standard"... Thank god it's not the industry standard, or we'd have jetski's getting towed in all day long.

And finally, the honda does not blow out of the hole man.

You've only ridden stock Hondas right? And your ski has HOW MUCH WORK on it? You can't compare a stock Ford Mustang to a Modded Dodge Viper. So far my Honda has out holeshotted every ski around here.

As I said before, we don't all want skis that ride like a barge. I am happy to have to add a little rider input in choppy waves, or have to go a little slower!
    Last edited by J3ff; 07-02-2006 at 06:36 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information