Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OEM intake manifold upgrade for x model

Has anyone done the mod to there x model yet? I know it will add a pound of boost, but did you notice a difference in accerlation/topend/hp?

+1
    I will have parts in this weekend, but will not be able to do the mod for a few weeks. The problem is getting a boost reading before the mod. i think i will install boost gauge and hook up boost line to Throtle body and test stock. then remove restrictor out of manifold and then get new reading. Then remove boost line from TB and install in intake manifold block off for permament use.

my kit should be in today and hopefully installed by tomorrow night.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'll do it for $50 bucks... send me your intake manifold and i'll remove the flame arrestor and send it back same day i receive it

dont need no special kit to yank a flame arrestor out... screw driver and pliers does the job for free

An extra $100 for just the holesaw seems kind of high. Maybe someone will buy the kit and send the holesaw around to all the members... Ron

Guys, would it be allright to do this free-mod on a P-X, along with a Riva front air intake, intake grate, and free-flow eshaust? Or will it run too lean??? I expect that with the mods I mentioned previously I will not need any type of additional fuel, but will the stock fueling still cover the added air flow afforded after this mod?

Thanks for the advice,

JulianC

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    An extra $100 for just the holesaw seems kind of high. Maybe someone will buy the kit and send the holesaw around to all the members... Ron
    guys just let me know if you need it. i will have it if someone wants to use it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gba View Post
    my kit should be in today and hopefully installed by tomorrow night.
    Gary, you know that you have to remove the intake to do the mod. just wanted to give you heads up.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what i dont get is, why drill a hole and increase your chances of a boost leak in that location?

the stock manifold is sealed up well... take the intake manifold off, put it on the work bench, take throttle body off, use long pliers and a screw driver and you can collapse the flame arrestor unto itself and pull it out thru the throttle body opening... done

no hole dilled, no chance of boost leak, zero dollars spent out of pocket

you can drill and tap the plastic end cap on the manifold just the same for fittings for boost or whatever

just my .02

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    what i dont get is, why drill a hole and increase your chances of a boost leak in that location?

the stock manifold is sealed up well... take the intake manifold off, put it on the work bench, take throttle body off, use long pliers and a screw driver and you can collapse the flame arrestor unto itself and pull it out thru the throttle body opening... done

no hole dilled, no chance of boost leak, zero dollars spent out of pocket

you can drill and tap the plastic end cap on the manifold just the same for fittings for boost or whatever

just my .02
    Sounds like the way to go - I'm all over this free schnizit

I had a dumb question concerning boost measurements. If you measure the pressure in front of the flame arrestor, aren't you measuring the back pressure generated by the arrestor, and not the true pressure the engine is seeing behind the arrestor? Wouldn't a more accurate test be a measurement on the engine side and then with the arrestor removed?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information