Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 29 hrs

29 hrs

What should I be doing and or checking at this time?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r103 View Post
    your owners manual!!!

+1
    what the fuc# is the point of this forum if all you guys can say is check your manual.. thats real immature

+1
    its for the sharing of ideas and information, not verbatim scripts of something you can find out your self for a little wise investment.

getting the service manual is a must if you plan to tinker or service it yourself, so I think its sound advice.

But some basics to check will be, all hose clamps, sc belt, oil, hull, intake and plate for cracks damage, steering nut and cables, reverse lever bolts, (have had this come off), trailer bolts and wheel bearings,

lie under it and it for while and see what you can see if you really dont know what your looking at then take it to your dealer or a trusty mate.
    Last edited by JET250; 06-12-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: ;-] oops service manual not owners....

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by benjahw View Post
    what the fuc# is the point of this forum if all you guys can say is check your manual.. thats real immature
    unless you can remember every F>>king spec for every part in the ski,

I would suggest buying one, the forum can give you some specific things to check, but I will tell you No one can do the correct job with out refering back to the manual at some time.

hence the commet BUY A MANUAL..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    unless you can remember every F>>king spec for every part in the ski,

I would suggest buying one, the forum can give you some specific things to check, but I will tell you No one can do the correct job with out refering back to the manual at some time.

hence the commet BUY A MANUAL..
    +1
    And a belt gauge

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by benjahw View Post
    to answer your comment mine was pretty simple really the ski comes with an owners manual with all the service info in it why ask a question like the one posted without giving more onfo if that was what was required. i was as blunt as the original question. my question why purchase a high performance ski/machine and have know knowledge of its upkeep? i totally agree with the forum but really some questions asked need a little more thought before they are posted. i dont think my response was in any way immature.

just my 2c worth.

Quote Originally Posted by r103 View Post
    Owners Manual is logical place to start. One caution though--portions of that owners manual (esp maint schedule) have been discredited. One of the best pieces of advice I got here when ski was new is check and change oil way more frequently than specified in maint schedule.

I was also advised to get the Service Manual. There are portions of that Service Manual that are still way over my head but it has been extremely helpful, not only in understanding technical discussions here but in communicating with dealer.

If you run in salt, may want to check salt water Kawi thread. I think a lot of these basic owners manuals understate the special care required for heavy salt use.

Definitely get a battery tender. You always want to know you have full juice, or if not, why not.

Oil level is absolutely critical. Check dipstick before and after every ride for reasons discussed in many different threads.

Good luck.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    RTFM! ! ! ! ! !

+1
    Right...i agree. a service manual is a must..as well as the SC belt tool. however whenever i see a question from someone and KNOW the answer i GIVE it. ya know.. obviously this guy doesnt have the service manual. so maybe a good comprimise would have been to tell him what you know and then adivse him to get the manual. Sorry for earlier response tho. X girlfriends and alcohol dont make for a "happy GH commentor"

I apologize. im normally nice

LOL - so i posted 2 comments and didnt asnwer the initial 29 hour question either. I'm struggling

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information