Upgraded rear intake

Upgraded my rear intake to a 4inch x 7inch length polished aluminum. On my silicone 3inch x 4inch reducer I cut the 3 inch connection so now the SC just goes to a 4inch bend. Pretty much have a 4inch tube going straight up right off the SC. I didn't think I could get my rear intake any louder but this does it. I also tapped the intake for my PVC oil catch can. I also got rid of the bucket so it also sucks in engine air but I'm going to do testing to see if it makes a difference. I'm thinking with so much air getting transfered in and out of the hull it won't make much of a difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear intake pipe.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	427.9 KB 
ID:	4474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5400.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	262.6 KB 
ID:	4475  

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Kinch.... i like this way better than ur old style. it's looking good.

hey maybe you can help me out.... where do you vuy all your elbows and couplers and whatnot. i'm having a hard time with some things right now getting my ski back together. i bought alot of pipes and couplers, and seems none of it's gonna work, lol. even the RXT leaves alot to be desired for space!

i guess one of the things on my list of a 4" silicone elbow... 4" on both ends of the elbow, not a reducer. any tips for a good price and qualitty on one?

also, can you direct me to pictures or links that u have of your latest intercooler plumbing and couplers and reducers or whatever?

let me know here or in a PM... or PM me your phone number and i'll give u a call and pick ur mind about a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    Upgraded my rear intake to a 4inch x 7inch length polished aluminum. On my silicone 3inch x 4inch reducer I cut the 3 inch connection so now the SC just goes to a 4inch bend. Pretty much have a 4inch tube going straight up right off the SC. I didn't think I could get my rear intake any louder but this does it. I also tapped the intake for my PVC oil catch can. I also got rid of the bucket so it also sucks in engine air but I'm going to do testing to see if it makes a difference. I'm thinking with so much air getting transfered in and out of the hull it won't make much of a difference.
    raise your air filter up past the body of the pwc and fit aplastic pice to cover the engine and the air filter will not suck in the engine air,

Quote Originally Posted by JCM
    raise your air filter up past the body of the pwc and fit aplastic pice to cover the engine and the air filter will not suck in the engine air,
    I have vents through the seat and then air comes through the 3 back holes in the grab bar (Attached picture). I use stuffed bubble wrap to seperate the engine compartment from the outside air. It's simple and easy to remove and put back. It just rolls up and I can throw it in the front if I want to run with the engine open.

Name:	rear intake air seperator.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	4478  
    Last edited by Kinchyle; 07-02-2006 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    where do you buy all your elbows and couplers and whatnot. also, can you direct me to pictures or links that u have of your latest intercooler plumbing and couplers and reducers or whatever?
    Sure thing , I got most of mine from siliconeintakes.com. I was getting 3 ply but I think 2ply would do the job.

Here is a blue one (you can find the best prices on ebay)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-R...spagenameZWDVW

I think you were doing all red but I can't seem to find a red 4" x 4" elbow.

I get alot of my parts from verocious too. http://stores.channeladvisor.com/ver.../?sck=13637852

Here is red but you probably would need to cut it back.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-4-P...0228QQtcZphoto

My IC plumbing is
    SC to IC
    2.5x2.5 hump hose connected to I think 5 or 7 inch 2.5 polished aluminum tube. Then that connects to 2.5x 3 inch reducer.
    IC to TB
    3 inch cobra 90 bend connected to 4inch length - 3 inch polished aluming. This is connected to a 3inch x 2.5 inch black rubber reducer.

All my t-bolts I got from siliconeintakes.com

This is where I got my cobra bend and 3" to 2.5" rubber bend
    http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...gory_Code=CHEW

If you get a cobra bend you will see why I didn't think flow restriction was an issue.

Name:	ic plumbing.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	362.8 KB 
ID:	4482  

mod in a RXT for Oleron

Name:	DSC02409.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	4487  

Off Topic: Kinch, How is that IC working for ya!?...PR...

Works great it gave me about 2.5-3mph. I think when I get a SC mod it will really shine. Has alot of room for air that I bet the stock is barely able to push.

Thread Information