Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277

    Tech Question...

    I f I cut off the siphon spout in the pump flush will there still be enough suction generated so the siphon works?

    Thanks in advance.



  2. #2
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    No

  3. #3
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pontoon Beach Illinois
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    No
    +1
    Nope, probably fill up your boat with water....

  4. #4
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    +1
    Nope, probably fill up your boat with water....
    There is a one way check valve in the OEM siphon bilge assembly to prevent this from happening

  5. #5
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pontoon Beach Illinois
    Posts
    1,115
    thanks, i should of know that... what kind of gains do you see with this mod?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    277
    Well the Gp1300R does have the electrib pump so i figured i could get away with grounding the spout off (I know this probably doesnt make a lot of difference but ill have it off anyway to do the visibilty spout delete anyway.

    Trying to think why it wouldnt work - i guess no spout to let the water swirl around to create suction. I wonder if you still get any even with the hole there and everything still connected.

  7. #7
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorallo View Post
    Well the Gp1300R does have the electrib pump so i figured i could get away with grounding the spout off (I know this probably doesnt make a lot of difference but ill have it off anyway to do the visibilty spout delete anyway.

    Trying to think why it wouldnt work - i guess no spout to let the water swirl around to create suction. I wonder if you still get any even with the hole there and everything still connected.
    The electric bilge dumps elsewhere, 1300 has both the electric and siphon bilge so my original statement still stands.

  8. #8
    Tyrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cairns, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    There is a one way check valve in the OEM siphon bilge assembly to prevent this from happening
    Yes, but i don't think those non-return valves would copw with the full presure of your pump (they look pretty crappy).

    What about removing it completely and blocking it off and just using the electric one?

  9. #9
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael View Post
    Yes, but i don't think those non-return valves would copw with the full presure of your pump (they look pretty crappy).

    What about removing it completely and blocking it off and just using the electric one?
    That would be fine most guys do this, but they use the through hull part to run their Jetworks valve.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tech Question
    By SUCKMYWAKE in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
  2. Tech Question
    By Prism in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 08:08 PM
  3. 2002 GP1200R Oil Pump Coupler- Tech Question
    By BD in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 06:46 PM
  4. Tech question w picture!
    By ZMANN in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 12:29 PM
  5. Tech Question
    By CRAZEDRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •