Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

for all those peple that have atvs as well

everglades is closing to all 4 wheelers as of 7/1/2008... so for those that own a 4 wheeler and jetski, ride as much as you can in the mud, coming to an end for us in broward/palm beach and dade....

+1
    Why are they closing? That sucks for the people there.

Wow, I have not heard anything about this at all. What happens if you get caught?

Found this on the net:

http://www.miamiherald.com/627/story/553858.html

Riders of all-terrain vehicles have one month to pursue their pastime on state lands in the Everglades.
    Effective July 1, ATVs will be banned from the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor, Holey Land and Rotenberger wildlife management areas -- except during the hunting seasons for archery, muzzleloading and general gun. Hunters will be allowed to use ATVs to scout the areas for two weeks before archery season and one week before the start of muzzleloading and general gun seasons.
    The new rule was adopted by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission last winter in response to ecological damage caused by the vehicles.
    ''Basically, what's going on out here is mudding and abuse of the resource,'' FWC representative Gabriella Ferraro said.
    FWC biologists cite disturbances to native vegetation, birds and wildlife. They say turning grasslands into mudflats also contributes to muck fires in the region, which encompasses about 750,000 acres in western Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.
    FWC Lt. Dave Bingham, riding in his patrol truck along the L-5 levee canal Saturday, pointed out virtual mud highways leading from the road into the marsh. He noted that ATV riders who get lost or stuck cause problems for law enforcement.
    ''We don't have the equipment to go get them, so we have to call in the Broward Sheriff's Office or our own helicopter to come rescue them,'' Bingham said.
    Davie ATV rider John Rosier said the FWC should have tried charging riders a permit fee before banning them.
    ''It's true the trails get wider and wider,'' Rosier said. ``People don't put decent tires on their stuff and try to go 100 miles per hour. I think you're going to see a lot of them for sale.''

+1

Thumbs down What Next ???

VERY,VERY, VERY, BAD EXCUSES,THEY SHOULD LEAVE SOME OPEN AREAS, NOT CLOSED THE ENTIRE COUNTY....WHAT IS NEXT ??? REMEMBER, WE ALL LIVE ONES, SOON WE WILL HAVE TO STAY INSIDE OUR HOUSE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES,STOP THE NONE SENSE ...IS SIMPLE, PUNISH THE OUTLAWS BUT LET'S UP LIVE OUR LIVES!!! WHO EVER IS MAKING THIS DECISIONS, WAKE UP!!!
    Last edited by barbaro; 06-12-2008 at 10:26 PM.

another stupid idea from stupid politicians!!!!

I MAY MAKE MY OWN TRAILS ON MY BACKYARD AND RENT IT OUT TO THE PUBLIC AT THE RATE WE R GOING PRETTY SOON WE'LL BE COMPUTER CONTROLED, NO JETSKI IN A LOT OF AREAS, NOW NO ATV, THEY MAY CUT THE TIMES YOU CAN HAVE SEX PER WEEK SO HURRY AND ENJOY WHILE U CAN

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    I have 4 ATV's and 3 skis. We are very limited to riding areas around here. I have 262 acres of hills and trees with a "protected" creek that runs through it so that now eliminated riding there now. There is somekind of special fish that is only found here in it. Well I am fishing for them and I will move their asses downstream from me.....

i just sold my raptor because there is no where to ride, and its gets old fast being chased out of places to ride by those FWC clowns

anyone know a mechanic that rebuilds atv engines...my grizzly needs to be rebuilt..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brett711 View Post
    anyone know a mechanic that rebuilds atv engines...my grizzly needs to be rebuilt..
    tommy crockett, crockett performance 954 303 5756 in davie. good guy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information