+1

Hi I just arrived in this forum with an 1996 XP

Hi guys,

I just sold my 1997 yamaha GP1200. I replaced them with two 1996 Sea Doo XP. I owned an 1995 XP 720 in the past. I bought the two craft for an price that I couldn't resist. I payed $4500 for both of them with an Shore lander double trailer. Both craft have (believe it or not) only 20 hours on them and where always garage kept. Everthing (Trim, Gauges) works on them and they are in Showroom condition. They just arrived a couple of months ago from Holland where you ride them only 3 to 4 months a year with them and even so in a few places only. I live in Aruba (hence the name) so they will be used in salt water for the first time. They have not been ridin here on the island. thay are complety stock, So I want to know if they make rideplates for these craft. I'm going to change the sponsons. intake grate and traction mats. What do you recommend? I'll post some pictures soon of them

Stop Obama Express
    Hull extenders are made by R&D... also a different intake grate would help in your choppy ocean waters.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Don't buy an extended ride plate, you don't need it. They suck and kill top end.

I would buy a Worx grate and sponsons, try this combo, then buy trim tabs if you feel the need afterward. I had this combo before I started going faster than 65, then snatched the grate off forever.The sponsons are still on.

Go ahead and pull the carb bolts out, generously grease the shafts (unthreaded part) and reinstall. If, after getting saltwater doused on them...you will play hell getting them off if you don't. Getting an auto bildge pump is a must for X-4 jumping. The balers can't keep up if you are getting serious air.

Congrats on your buy!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 240witSR View Post
    Hull extenders are made by R&D... also a different intake grate would help in your choppy ocean waters.
    I checked with R&D and as far I could understad they don't make the X-tenders anymore. They still sell the intakegrate for the XP. I'm planing to buy the intakegrate from WORX though and also their sponsons. I had Beach house sponsons on my former XP720 and they broke within an year.

Thread Information