Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possibly buying '08 w/ 3hrs. Worry about how those 3hours were ridden?

I have a chance to buy a 3hr old 08 RXPX and I was curious if it's a GIANT factor how it was ran, what key was used, etc...I'm thinking it's not a giant deal as I know how to break them in according to the site, but I don't know because I've heard of people using them and it restricting their potential.

I guess the bottom line is would you buy one that was female ridden for 3 hours? The reason they traded it in was because it was too much, so that concludes my suspicions it was babied and not properly broken in for that 3hrs.

The dealer can read how the ski was run with the b.u.d.s. system... I doubt you have anything to worry about but just tell your dealer to plug it into the computer and show you the graphs of the rpm range. They shouldn't have a problem with doing this.

Female ridden and 3 hours is not a long time. I could see maybe if those 3 hours were wot....but I doubt it. Also whichever key was used would not make a difference. Actually your supposed to run it with the "full speed" key.
    Last edited by kp04rxp; 06-13-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    the dealer can read how the ski was run with the b.u.d.s. system... I doubt you have anything to worry about but just tell your dealer to plug it into the computer and show you the graphs of the rpm range. They shouldn't have a problem with doing this.
    Good point, thanks for the tip. I have a feeling it is no big deal (probably wouldn't go WOT anyways within the first 3hrs), but there is always something in the back of my mind. It's coming with a 2yr warranty, so that settles me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    The dealer can read how the ski was run with the b.u.d.s. system... I doubt you have anything to worry about but just tell your dealer to plug it into the computer and show you the graphs of the rpm range. They shouldn't have a problem with doing this.

Female ridden and 3 hours is not a long time. I could see maybe if those 3 hours were wot....but I doubt it. Also whichever key was used would not make a difference. Actually your supposed to run it with the "full speed" key.

True, I should've specified my learning here was to use the 100% power key to fully break-in the engine and seat the rings, etc. I will ask the dealership, but this thread is helpful. Thanks again

i know people say not to break your ski in with the learning key but my dealer will void your warranty if you dont, i did 10 hrs on my learning key and have had no problems yet knock on wood

Quote Originally Posted by BluntForceDrama View Post
    i know people say not to break your ski in with the learning key but my dealer will void your warranty if you dont, i did 10 hrs on my learning key and have had no problems yet knock on wood
    Good to know. I'll keep my mouth shut about my knowledge then

BluntForceDrama,
    Find another dealership to deal with. That one does not have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    BluntForceDrama,
    Find another dealership to deal with. That one does not have a clue.

Nevermind then

???huh???
    I was telling him that if the dealer told him to break it in with the learing key and would void his warranty if he did not then he needs to find a different dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    ???huh???
    I was telling him that if the dealer told him to break it in with the learing key and would void his warranty if he did not then he needs to find a different dealer.

I understand...

I said earlier I wouldn't talk to the Dealer about a diff break-in pending the void of a Warranty, but you all have cleared that up...

Turns out by you all, the Dealership is smoking some good sh*t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information