Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone use bunk slides?

I picked up my SHO from 10 hr service today. Of course it took longer then they said because I was the 1st SHO ever in for service and they didn't have the right oil filter even though I asked them on the phone before setting the appointment. Idiots. And the bill was $279. Anyway, the guy there told me I should definately buy TEFLON BUNK SLIDES. They were like $40 and he said I could install them myself. He said all I need is a drill. I do launch in shallow waters at times where the back of the trailer is still high out of the water and me and my buddy have to push the ski very hard to get it off into the water. The dealer told me with the bunk slides I can push the ski off with one finger. So, have any of you experts used these slides? and if so please tell me how they are. The dealer told me to be careful to always have the straps on in the back or the ski will slide right off with the slightest tilt.

^^^^ use that stuff, it works GREAT.

Personally, I don't like the hard teflon slides.

Either way, you should ALWAYS have the straps on the back and have a safety chain on the front (don't rely on the winch!).

I was at Dunedin Causeway today and saw a new FX SHO.... schwweeettt

I have never used them but seems to be what you need if you have trouble getting trailer in deep enough water. I have a Hummer so I back till I hear bubbles from exhaust if I have to, several times I got out the driver seat and stepped in 6 inches or more of water! If you have a truck you could mount ball mount upside down to raise trailer at angle??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sho launch.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	77522  

I use Black Magic tire shine, super slippery!!! I got the idea from someone on the board who said to try Armor All. I had a bottle laying around, anyway now I can slide my FX on and off the trailer with one hand! And yes LEAVE your staps on until your ski is in the water.

+1
    hmmm but what does it do to the hull or the gelcoat ? ? i wouldn't think anything . . but did u see any discoloration or what not on the under side of the hull? ? ?

One of my fishing partners has them on his bass boat trailer for the same reason, shallow water launches. They do make a difference atleast on a boat that fully loaded is around 2000lbs. We have the same boat and trailer mine is just a few years newer. His comes on and off alot easier. Like everyone said atleast keep it winch locked until you are ready to put it in the water.

+1
    I am moving this thread to the trailer section. I use silicone spray on mine does the job but does not seem to last very long. I will get some of the liquis rollers to try next.

liquid roller is the ticket,you wont even need to push it with one finger it would slide on its own just make sure you are always strapped

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    I am moving this thread to the trailer section. I use silicone spray on mine does the job but does not seem to last very long. I will get some of the liquis rollers to try next.
    Liquid Rollers is probably just a rebranded can of silicone... Make sure you spray it when bunks are dry, and don't dip them into water for at least an hour.

I like it and usually have to reapply every few months... makes life much easier!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post
    Liquid Rollers is probably just a rebranded can of silicone...
    I think it is a Teflon compound, not Silicone.

Make sure you spray it when bunks are dry, and don't dip them into water for at least an hour.

I like it and usually have to reapply every few months... makes life much easier!
    I use Liquid Rollers, and it DOES make it easy to slide the PWC on and off.

I do need to always have the bow strap in place. Friction alone will NOT keep the PWC in place, once the Liquid Rollers spray is on those bunks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information